Senior Site Reliability Engineer
With IdeaScale in Lehi UT USMore jobs from IdeaScale
Posted on November 28, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Innovation Software
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
linux, python, kubernetes, terraform, ansible, sysadmin
What you get to do:
- On-going Sysadmin work on bare metal and AWS instances.
- Proactive system/network monitoring.
- Proactive system capacity planning.
- Deployment and task automation utilizing salt or other methods.
- Issue/ Incident response.
- Code-level analysis of issues including root cause determination and/or potential code fix.
- Peer-level customer support for low-level, highly-technical issue resolution.
- Work with the compliance team to implement controls and other security needs.
- Continuous improvement of the system as a whole.
What you bring to the team:
- As a result of a government contract in which this position will be involved, this role requires U.S. citizenship. (Secret clearance is a plus.)
- Bachelor's degree in CS, IS, IT or equivalent required
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to keep key stakeholders informed in a timely manner
- Container/Cloud Management (Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, etc)
- 3-5 years of Linux administration and engineering experience including a deep understanding of the Linux networking stack.
- 1-3 years Python development experience or an equal level of proficiency in another language. For candidates that have experience with languages other than Python, we will ask you to provide code/script/recipe examples pertinent to infrastructure support.
- Experience leading, or participating in, the implementation of at least one configuration management system (Ansible, Salt Stack, etc.)
- Experience deploying a host virtualization platform. Specific experience with a cloud platform not required.
- Experience hardening Linux hosts (with SELinux a plus)
- Experience with fully implemented automation workflows.
- Hands-on networking experience and a strong foundational knowledge of networking models including VLAN's, routing, bridging, etc.
- Web Server experience (SAAS experience a huge plus)
- Motivated self-starter with ability to self-manage and work well independently, as well as in a team within a dynamic environment.
- Strong application, operating system, kernel, and hardware debugging skills.
Why work for us:
- Competitive salary and an unlimited PTO policy
- 401k match which is fully vested after 3 years of service
- A dynamic and fun work environment with passionate, top-notch colleagues
- An opportunity to join a company at an inflection point in its growth pathway
- Leadership that is invested in hearing your ideas and in your professional growth