Site Reliability Engineer
With Tempo Software in Montreal - CAMore jobs from Tempo Software
Posted on November 27, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Agile Software Development, Business Process Optmization, Enterprise Software
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
python, amazon-web-services, kubernetes, gcp, docker, sysadmin
We at Tempo are looking for a Senior Software Developer for Site Reliability Engineering to find innovative ways to optimize the development pipeline, runtime performance and the availability and efficiency of all our cloud applications and services. If cloud security, reliability, performance, and cost optimizations, are projects that you find exciting and you have hands-on experience operating large scale cloud services, we may well have the job for you!
The role involves:
- Developing the solutions for scalability and performance challenges to keep our high-availability products up and running.
- Supporting developers with continuously delivering their software to the Tempo cloud platform.
- Ensuring reliability, responding to outages and supporting the team in resolving pressing and complex technical issues.
- Proactively find ways to optimize our platform to ensure effective scalability and operational cost reductions.
- Supporting various initiatives regarding cloud security, including identity verification, access controls, and permissions.
- Tracking cloud performance and statistics and managing alerts to deploying new hosts and debugging complex production issues.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience developing in environments with microservices, SOA or other distributed computing environment
- Develops, deploys and maintains large scale, multi-tenant applications.
- Has an impressive track record in managing and working with cloud platforms and cloud automation and monitoring tools. Our stack includes AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, RabbitMQ, Datadog. Experience working with these tools or alternative tools in a production setting is a must.
- Has a solid understanding of configuration management and engineering for large scale websites and/or products, including networking, databases, and operating systems.
- Has a deep understanding of distributed version control systems like Git, including branching and merging strategies.
- Has important know-how of software build tools (we use Maven) and continuous integration tools.
- Is proactive and creative in identifying ways to improve systems and their reliability
- Is passionate about automation: We strongly believe in the benefits that repeatable environments bring to a software organization.
We would love to talk to you if you consider yourself to be our ideal candidate. Apply here and make sure that your application letter details how you have utilized the skills we are looking for in this role. Make sure to include your CV. Applicants must have a valid work permit for Canada and be prepared to work from our Montreal office.