Sr. Director, Software Engineering
With Pulse Secure in Bengaluru - INMore jobs from Pulse Secure
Posted on November 29, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
networking, security, design
You started out as the cool kid creating algorithms and writing code that tested your limits. You discovered the power to influence people and engage them in the work of art that you created trying to solve critical problems. It's the passion to solve previously unsolved and complex problems and the will to make it work, come what may, keeps you going. Sounds like you? Read on, opportunities galore, sky is the limit!
Pulse Secure is a great company built by great people who excel at having fun while being equally passionate and skilled at creating great products. We continue to seek the nerd in you – we will keep you well fed, we promise!
What We Do
Empower users to seamlessly and securely connect from any place in the world that offers air, water and… Internet!
Equip organizations with the right tools to configure access, manage and enforce compliance with a holistic view on network, users and usage.
Empower organizations to continue to breathe easy, now with an added sense of invincibility.
Work hard so that you can focus on the things you want to! What You Would Do
Lead a team of high calibre developers as a Manager, reporting into a Senior Director within Pulse Secure with matrixed reporting to the India MD of R&D.
Display a high degree of willingness and ability to understand existing/new business domain, existing/new product, the product's business and technical underpinnings
Specify and design solutions that are built on top of existing architectures.
Lead proof of concepts and development of evaluation matrix through final recommendation, including hands-on execution
Contribute to solution scoping and effort sizing with cross-functional teams
Provide thought leadership and mentorship to a team of highly talented developers
Stay informed on technology trends and product roadmaps to make strategic solution architecture recommendations
Work closely with the peer product leads, Product Managers, Strategy organization, CTO group, Marketing, Sales Engineers, Customer Support teams and other Support functions.
Help take the company forward through unrelenting focus on Quality, Productivity and Innovation. 2700 Zanker Road, Suite 200 San Jose California 95134 pulsesecure.net
We Bring Cakes, You Ice It Up By Having
- A BS/BE/B-Tech or MS/ME/M-Tech/Ph.D. degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Electronics
- 18+ years of Experience in Computer Networking and Security Software space.
- A successful experience as a seasoned manager who has led Engineering for multiple products in the Networking and/or Security space from a Client Device and End-Point perspective.
- Demonstrated strength in managing a diverse set of developers, be good at Agile development.
- Sound knowledge of AAA (Authentication, Authorization, Accounting), Certificates/PKI, Networking, Security Technologies, DLP, End Point Security, Windows/Mac OS x/Linux based Client/App development.
- Highly desirable experience of having worked on Mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Compliance, Device Drivers, Third Party and Open Source software, UI Technologies from a best of breed software company.
- Deep expertise in object-oriented design and programming concepts
- Engineering best practices including Design Patterns, Continuous Integration, Automation, Usability and strong Design skills.
- Excellent skills in debugging, problem diagnosis, creative problem solving, source code analysis and secure coding
- Excellent collaboration and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to be flexible and productive in a fast-paced environment with geographically-distributed teams OVIdsyHCUq