Dev Ops Engineering Leader/Evangelist – Trading Technology
With 7 Chord inc. in Brooklyn NY USMore jobs from 7 Chord inc.
Posted on November 29, 2019
About this job
Compensation: $90k - 120k | Equity
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Financial Technology
Company size: 1–10 people
Company type: VC Funded
java, git, jenkins, docker, kubernetes, sysadmin
This is an exceptional opportunity for a mid-level DevOps engineer ready for the next step. You will be joining a successful revenue-generating trading technology firm with a ground-breaking AI product. We are looking for you to become the principal officer and leader responsible for implementing automated DevOps framework and building the culture of checks and balances across our engineering functions. Eventually, you will build your own team across release management, automation, cloud engineering, testing/QA and security.
What You'll Do:
- Design and implement DevOps framework in the end-to-end development of the product.
- Research and select automation tools. Keep up to date with the innovation in the field.
- Help improve and maintain environments across multiple cloud providers. Architect to optimize speed and costs.
- Re-design release management framework to cut internal costs and manage client expectations.
- Lead migration to container technologies.
- Help detect and troubleshoot production issues and assist in resolving them.
- Help ensure that our systems meet general security standards.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- BS in Computer Science, Applied Math or related field.
- You grew up as a developer and have strong Java and Python skills.
- Systematic and logical approach to solving problems. Strong ability to interpret team strategy.
- Excellent command of Linux fundamentals.
- Hands-on proficiency in source code management and a detailed understanding of the continuous integration and testing pipeline (Git, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, etc).
- In-depth understanding of the system monitoring tools (DataDog, Splunk, Nagios, etc).
- High level of experience with container technologies and orchestration (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Knowledge of at least one cloud platform (DigitalOcean, AWS or Google).
- Experience with machine learning systems, trading technology or large distributed systems is a plus.
Comp, Benefits, Perks:
- Competitive salary. Equity. Enormous growth potential.
- Subsidized health insurance, transportation benefit and 401K.
- Continuing education stipend.
- Free state-of-the-art gym and wellness center on premises. Access to the open private waterfront space, half-court basketball court, outdoor terraces, training and conference facilities, cafeteria and lounge.
Office is located in the Brooklyn Navy Yard’s brand-new Dock 72 building with the stunning views of downtown Manhattan. Brooklyn Navy Yard, a 200-year-old industrial park and the fastest growing NYC tech hub, is home to 350+ companies employing over 10,000 people. 10-minute ferry ride from Wall Street or 34th street. 7 min shuttle from Dumbo’s Jay Street or Atlantic Terminal subway stations.
Please send your resume, including your linkedin and/or github profiles to: firstname.lastname@example.org