Part Time Temp Network Engineer
With Ultimate Software in Fort Lauderdale FL USMore jobs from Ultimate Software
Posted on December 17, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Computer Software, Human Resources, Software Development
Company size: 5k–10k people
Company type: Private
cisco, juniper, vmware, nas, san
Ultimate Software is seeking a Part Time Data Center Operations Technician to work in our Las Vegas data center as part of our Cloud Operations Services team. Primary responsibilities of this role include troubleshooting environmental issues, analyzing infrastructure alerts, and processing infrastructure changes. Additional responsibilities include performing daily operations tasks such as identifying and correcting hardware alerts, maintaining equipment inventories, racking and cabling equipment, assisting vendors and internal Cloud Engineers with deploying and replacing hardware components. Infrastructure platforms include Dell, Cisco, Juniper, Solidfire, Datera, F5, and hosting systems that run in our Openstack and VMWare virtualization technologies. This position is demanding and plays an integral role in the success of our organization.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot infrastructure related incidents.
- Infrastructure capacity management, including power and HVAC.
- Server, network, and storage equipment installations.
- Maintain continuous operation of mission-critical systems; ensure optimal performance levels are sustained.
- Regularly interface with Infrastructure support personnel.
- Execute planned changes.
- Maintain accurate and current equipment inventories and rack elevations.
- Evaluate and document critical data regarding system performance.
- Problem analysis and remediation.
- Position requires flexibility in shift schedule.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- On call rotation.
Major Activities/Functions of Data Center Technician role:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware issues.
- Perform hardware replacements using change management.
- Project-related work that entails racking and cabling compute nodes, storage nodes, and network gear.
- Equipment decommissioning.
- Data center cage walk-throughs to identify any potential hardware issues and correlating with hardware alerts.
- Maintain equipment elevations and inventories.
- Ideal candidate will possess experience working in an enterprise environment of a least 300 servers, with 3+ years in a technical support position, and 2+ years hands-on experience in Data Center operations.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in hardware-related issues’ troubleshooting and repair.
- 2+ years’ experience working with VMWare is a plus.
- 2+ years’ experience in data cable wiring and management.
- Experience working with enterprise network monitoring tools (Orion and MS SCOM a plus).
- Experience working with Juniper devices and NAS/SAN a plus.
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to emerging technologies.
- Process and Procedure driven.
- Must have excellent skills in problem analysis and troubleshooting.
- Ability to lift equipment in excess of 50lbs.
- Experience troubleshooting issues with and supporting Cisco/Juniper network devices and SAN-based technologies is a plus.
- Experience working with enterprise Network Load-Balancers, e.g., F5 is a plus.
- Experience working with virtual server platforms, preferably VMWare.
- Experience working with multiple server hardware platforms, including Dell and HP.
- Experience working with Opensource platforms is a plus.
- Ability to lift equipment in excess of 50lbs. Work requires lifting servers, network, and storage gear and racking in specific rack U spaces. Work also requires working in tight cabinet space for purposes of cabling hardware devices. Standing, crouching required as needed when working with physical hardware.
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Manager will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.