ServiceNow Tech Lead
With Ultimate Software in Fort Lauderdale FL USMore jobs from Ultimate Software
Posted on December 17, 2019
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead, Manager
Industry: Computer Software, Human Resources, Software Development
Company size: 5k–10k people
Company type: Private
servicenow, itsm, cmdb, itil, architecture
Are you passionate about IT Service Management Technology and ServiceNow? Would supporting an enterprise size application that is hosted in the cloud excite you? Than this might be the opportunity for you!
The ServiceNow Technical Lead is responsible for architectural support of the Service Management product/tool suite. The successful candidate will work closely with the Service Management Product Manager, ServiceNow Engineers, Enterprise Architecture Leads and the IT Service Management Process owners including requestors and end users to provide subject matter expertise in the ongoing enhancement of the products & tools to facilitate and support maturing the IT Service Management processes.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Provides end to end product architecture to ensure the detailed design and development remains consistent with the overall product strategy and roadmap.
- Identifies issues between the strategic architecture and vendor solution implementation.
- Identifies solutions and formulates implementation and migration
- Provides expertise in technical knowledge, methodology and framework, data integration and data flows, software development and coding.
- Work with IT Service Management Process Owners to understand workflow process and translate designs to prototypes.
- Provide detailed architecture analysis, design and direction on development activities.
- Participate in design, code & test review cycles.
- Provide a GAP Technical Evaluation of requested functionality and OOB (out of the box) functionality.
- Perform solution walkthroughs with Process Owner(s) and testing team/s.
- Evaluate ServiceNow changes (upgrades, patch fixes) and ensure alignment with product strategy and roadmap.
- Identify opportunities to improve the product offerings from a quality, controls & capabilities perspective while also defining best practices.
- SME in ServiceNow in addition to having 5+ years’ experience in ServiceNow
- ServiceNow CMDB Expert Level (3-5 years)
- ServiceNow Request Management Experience (design and development 2-3 years)
- ServiceNow Portal Development (1-2 years)
- ServiceNow Upgrade Experience (3-4 years)
- Proven success working in Enterprise level ITSM projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of software architecture principles as they apply to solution and application architectures, specifically for portals, web sites and systems integration projects.
- Thorough understanding of ITIL best practices and common IT Service Management processes.
- Ability to convey complex technical information both to engineers and senior managers/leadership.
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist Certification.
- ServiceNow Scripting
- IT Service Management Fundamentals
- System Administration Advanced
- Service Portal Fundamentals
- Application Development Fundamentals
- Bachelor's degree required
- Building effective relationship with IT vendors and negotiation skills.
- ITIL foundation certification preferred.
- Platform Implementation certification preferred
- Performance Analytics Advanced certification preferred
- Vendor management skills
- Experience of technical process analysis
- Previous IT Service Management experience in large enterprise IT environment.
- Some travel to team in Georgia
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Manager will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.