SAP ABAP Developer
With Vertex Computer Systems, Inc. in San José - CRMore jobs from Vertex Computer Systems, Inc.
Posted on December 19, 2019
About this job
Job type: Contract
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Information Technology, Software Development, Technology Staffing
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: Private
sap, abap, sysadmin
Are you an SAP ABAP programmer with implementation experience on the SAP R3 platform?
If so, and if you are good at configuring SAP standard and customized solutions; rules and schemas, check out this job!
Vertex is a US-based tech company with 15 years’ experience, we have earned longstanding client relationships as trusted, long-term partners. Every day we inspire, innovate and implement solutions that solve complex business problems using creativity and technologies that drive results.
What you can expect?
• Professional recruiters with vast industry knowledge
• Expert credentialing
• No-hassle onboarding
What’s in it for you?
• An assignment that uses your skills
• Opportunities to advance your career
• Competitive compensation
• Great work environment
Qualifications (Critical Skills)
• Experience in implementing project, support and country on the SAP R3 platform
• Ability to demonstrate good knowledge of; ABAP development, Workbench, Data Dictionary, Debugger, User Exits and BADIs.
• Strong collaboration skills to build and maintain effective relationships with other IT teams (including 3rd Party Vendors) and other business partners.
What you’ll be doing
• Working on a team that continually improves work processes and creates opportunities for cost saving.
• Developing solutions for time-sensitive critical issues
• Handling and resolving numerous issues in a hurry
• Working unsupervised most of the time on multiple projects under strict deadlines
• Innovative – Continually looking to analyze and improve work processes with the ability to create opportunities for cost savings and SLA improvement.
• Adaptable – Ability to work critical issues as required.
• Solutions – Ability to deal with complex issues, identify solutions and implement often under pressure.
• Self-starter – Able to take the initiative and to work with minimal supervision to achieve project and SLA deadlines
Analytical & Communication Skills
• Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and influencing others to comply with policies and conform to standards and best practices
• Ensure timely reporting and response to stakeholders
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
Education and Work Experience
• 5+ years of experience in SAP ABAP programming experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical/IT field, OR in lieu of a college at least 8+ years relevant experience
• Must be willing to work onsite at the office location specified in the job posting.
• SAP certified