Software Engineer levels 0-3
With Chiron Technology Services, Inc. in Columbia MD USMore jobs from Chiron Technology Services, Inc.
Posted on December 19, 2019
About this job
Compensation: $120k - 180k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level, Senior
Chiron Technology Services, Inc. currently has a career opportunity for Software Engineers, levels 0-3, in the Columbia, MD area. An active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance is required for this position.
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software tradeoffs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
This developer will help the team move forward with next generation buy developing GUIs/applications that the customer uses to analyze data and aid in investigative activities.
- Experience with AngularJS and or Angular 8
- Experience with Front and Back End technologies
- Ability to create programs to satisfy needs of customer
- Light Sys Admin experience also a nice to have - installing and maintaining software on VMs, provisioning resources on OpenStack
- Interest in working with and mentoring junior developers
- Experience with testing and debugging
- Interested in Mapping
- Level 3 roles will also serve as a technical lead through leadership of the software development process, coordination with the customers and system engineers, recommend new technologies, ensure quality control, and delegate responsibilities to the team.
Past work experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required, and will determine the level of the position.
- Level 0: 0-6 years
- Level 1: 7-13 years
- Level 2: 14-19 years
- Level 3: 20+ years
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- VMWare administration, virtual systems operations integration, vSphere, VMWare View, HP Blade server, network configuration and security, application integration
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com, and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
The application can be found on our career site: careers-chirontech.icims.com