Engineering Program Manager
With Apple in Austin TX USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on January 03, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Product Manager
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
project-management, cloud, security
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you passionate about being part of leading initiatives, strategies, and/or technologies in defining, executing, deploying, and maintaining Apple’s data store & database technologies and environments Does program and project running Data Services / Store technologies behind our products and services’ database architects, engineers/development, DBAs, SREs, SEs, PMs to drive Apple services / products like Cafe Mac, Apple Online Store, Apple Media Products (iTunes), Security, Apple Pay, Maps, iCloud, etc. ? The Data Services Engineering Program Management team is looking for an individual with strong technical fundamentals, excellent communication skills, and a desire to join our team with the added opportunity to help build Data Services PMO as a key asset for our management, partners, and customers.
For Apple’s Infrastructure Data Services, we are looking for a Engineering Program Manager (EPM) with strong core program/project management skills while understanding the importance of streamlining workflows and building automation, being analytical and detail oriented, having a strong record of effectively driving and facilitating technical teams to deliver for our large scale data store environments and technologies. This is NOT a task-based role! This is a full-time position based in Austin, TX, Denver, CO, or Sacramento, CA and will collaborate with the Data Services Engineering Program Management group. As an EPM, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering, infrastructure, operations programs and/or projects using your technical and leadership expertise. You plan requirements with internal and external customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks, assessing change, and clearly communicating them to project partners and management. EPMs must be confident leaders, organizers, and excellent communicators multi-functionally with multiple teams within Apple as well as externally. EPMs move fluidly from the big picture to details so that the team can deliver complex and strategic multi-functional projects, often with tight deadlines. You are a bridge and a connector for the organization and partners. You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with partners at all levels of the organization. You build trust across the organization. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity. This position will benefit with technical strengths and knowledge in many areas, including Data Store & Services' technologies (Relational, NoSQL, Big Data), infrastructure operations, and cloud solutions. The right candidate will add structure and consistency to our ecosystem of business critical outputs and dependencies and support our decision making, system of checks & balances, and communication needs. He/She will help set strategy, drive project teams, execute on schedule, and be responsible for leading and communicating status and issues along the way.
Skills & requirements
- 5+ years of project management and/or 3+ years program management in a large scale enviroment in handling Engineering and Infrastructure projects
- Proven strong cross-functional stakeholder management globally. Ability to influence, motivate, and align people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships. Ability to interact and influence (in person, by phone, by email) at different levels of detail with program/project stakeholders, partners, and customers
- Knowledge of Relational, NoSQL and BigData technologies. Security and Compliance experience for these technologies is preferred.
- Experience on various cloud services and cost optimizations in addition to cloud Infrastructure components like Network, Security, System/Storage, and Cost Optimization techniques.
- Strength in working independently and drive assigned projects from start to finish; A self-starter who is highly organized with solid technology fundamentals and exceptional communication skills, as well as the ability to pick up new technology quickly. Self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities
- Takes initiative with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities. Analytical and truth seeking. Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Effective and strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technology and participate in design discussions as needed
- Must have project management experience in building scalable, tooling initiatives, defining roadmaps, and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective programs
- Excellent in identifying process gaps, measuring progress, and balancing engineering and project efficiency with process overhead
- Comfortable to change , manage, and drive different types of programs/projects: Proof of Concept/Architecture, Engineering, Security & Risk Management, Operations/Infrastructure, NPI, and/or Business Operations (Fiscal Year Planning, Process/Procedures, etc)
- Understanding and managing customer / vendor relationships
BS/MS in EE/CS/CE or Equivalent Program or Project Management Certifications
- 7+ years work experience in technical Project Management with a strong track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space
- Experience in Semiconductors, System, Storage, Data Store / Databases, Cloud industry
- Knowledge of engineering and infrastructure operations processes
- Ability to lead numerous projects simultaneously and remotely
- Data center and infrastructure environment is a plus