Lead DevOps Engineer - Partner Solutions and Technologies
With Apple in Cupertino CA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on January 03, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
sysadmin, linux, amazon-web-services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's Partner Solutions and Technology team is looking for an experienced SeniorDevOps Engineer. As a DevOps Engineer for Partner Solutions and Technologies, you will be challenged with developing tools, automating processes. Come join our team to support business initiatives driven by sales and marketing teams at Apple. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
This is your chance to be part of a dynamic team with a rare and rewarding opportunity to: Provide though leadership to the team Shepherd zero-downtime deployment process through the use of continuous delivery practices, rapidly releasing features that enables millions of sales and digital content users Work multi-functionally with quality engineering, security, and development teams to craft solutions that puts users at the center Collaborate and provide thought leadership in our on going cloud adoption (AWS, Kuberentese) journey Developing self-service tools to enhance developer productivity for application management Actively analyze and handle issues on our apps before they impact customers Be a key player in improving operational maturity though producing long term fixes from issues identified from on-call rotation Collaborate on microservices systems architecture design Value relationships and take the time to get to know each other and our partners.
Skills & requirements
- Strong experience in Systems Engineering/SRE/DevOps role
- Fluent in at least one scripting language in addition to Bash (Python, Perl, PHP etc.)
- Passionate about Continuous Build, Integration, Test, and Delivery systems
- 6+ years of experience with Linux, UNIX, CoreOS, etc.
- Experience in Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet.
- Proven track record of securely architecting and managing cloud platforms such as (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, Nomad, Mesos) using Infrastructure as Code techniques.
- The operating system is just one part of the ecosystem. You’re well versed in the rest (networking, storage, DBs, etc. ).
- Knowledge of various monitoring platforms (Nagios, Splunk, Sensu, Cacti, collectd, Graphite etc.)
- Technical skills in JVM application management, NoSQL, CDN technologies, network analysis tools, distributed systems will be key to success in identify production issue
BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering or MS degree or equivalent experience.
- You’re a hands-on strategist.
- You can lead a project yourself.
- Experience with HashiCorp stack - Nomad, Consul, Vault is a plus.
- Ability to solve problems by working with distributed team members to resolve large scale production issues
- You know how to set direction and build consensus through vigorous debate.
- Ambiguity doesn’t scare you. You see it as an opportunity to define the future.
- You automate things rather than doing them twice. Build tools, enable teams is what we believe in.