Senior AWS DevOps Engineer
With Cyara in Hawthorn - AUMore jobs from Cyara
Posted on January 05, 2020
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Cloud-Based Solutions, Computer Software, SaaS
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
amazon-web-services, networking, devops
Looking to join a flexible, fun, and challenging work environment where you will be able to help improve Customer Experience (CX) on planet Earth?
Over 300 leading global brands trust Cyara’s CX Assurance platform to improve the experience they provide their customers. We help organizations achieve flawless customer experiences through automated testing and monitoring that simulate real-world customer interactions across IVR, voice, and digital channels. Come join us!
- Award-Winning CX Assurance Platform
- Flat structure, flexible workplace
- Hawthorn location- Onsite parking
- Permanent Opportunity
About the Role
You’ll be involved in migrating our application from datacentre to AWS, while maintaining some footprint in the datacentre in a hybrid cloud setup. You will also have the opportunity to work with Azure and Google Cloud for parts of the application and supporting services.
What you’ll be working on
- Work with CI/CD pipeline for our Windows-based application stack
- Migration of our VMWare-based application stack to AWS in a planned manner
- Deploy upgrades and fixes onto the live platform using code/automation
- Automate tasks to minimise downtime, and improve consistency
- Identify and document ways of improving monitoring and system resource utilization, minimise expenditure
- Manage security, system capacity, configuration and upgrades
- Provide Out-of-Hours support on an on-call roster/rotation basis
What will you bring
- Strong experience with AWS networking is mandatory
- Experience with Terraform, Packer, Chef, and Ansible in Windows environment
- A broad range of AWS services/concepts: DX, VPC, VIF, IAM, ELB, S3, SES, EC2, AMI, RDS MS SQL Server, ASG, ECR, ECS, EKS, etc.
- Experience with hybrid and multi-cloud environments
Nice to have
- Experience with TeamCity
- AWS Certified (SysOps Administrator, Solutions Architect or Advanced Networking)
- Experience with VMWare, Fortinet, Juniper or Cisco
You are the kind of person who acts with integrity in all you do, you value people and establish trusted relationships, you care deeply about the customer experience and pride yourself on delivering an elevated level of service, you are highly organized and responsive, you are proactive and always seeking improvement and never satisfied with the status quo, you are comfortable moving fast and making decisions quickly, you value individuals but are known for making teams come together across functional lines. Our core values, an excerpt which is below from our company's internal website, are what we live by:
Customer Obsession. We pride ourselves on our customer focus and commitment and our work hard, play hard culture! All our customers are referenceable due to the dedication of our team and their relentless effort to hold our customer’s hand throughout their journey until favorable outcomes have been delivered.
Innovation. Don’t be afraid to bring new ideas, thinking, and approaches to Cyara and question our existing approach, as we believe in constant learning and continuous improvement. We’re very innovative and take pride in doing things that have never been done before, no matter how impossible they may seem.
Humility. At Cyara we’ve worked hard to try and build a flat, team-centric culture where everyone rolls their sleeves up to get the job at hand done even if it’s not in your job description. No task is too low-level or small for all of us to do. Be confident but humble.
Quality. Always put in your best effort and the results will take care of themselves! Don’t compromise the quality of your work even though time pressures may exist
We’ve grown every year of our existence. All of our customers can be referenced. Our strength is in our core values.
- A knowledgeable, high achieving, experienced and fun-loving team to work with
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be a part of a rapidly growing company
- A product and customers you can be genuinely proud of