Software Architect - Infrastructure
With Salesforce in Indianapolis IN USMore jobs from Salesforce
Posted on January 06, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Information Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
The primary responsibility of the IT Architect is to design and implement complex computer systems and offer infrastructure services. The professional will address any issues related to ICT security and performance. They have to take charge of the software and hardware installations, specification, testing and service transition. The professional will have to identify potential technology innovations and engage with businesses. The architect needs to guide in the execution of Incident, Change, Release, Problem, Performance, and Availability Management. Apart from these tasks, other responsibilities that come under their job purview include the following:
Evaluate System Requirements
- The IT Architect must analyze existing systems to ensure that these systems provide the necessary security. These should meet the needs of the organization. They make certain that overall system performance meets client expectations. The architect must identify the business requirements and will incorporate new hardware, operating systems or connectivity solutions.
Alternative Solutions and Improvements
- Utilizing their IT knowledge, an architect analyzes the system’s needs. They introduce alternative technologies to improve or enhance client information systems to support organizational goals. These requirements are then documented and communicated to enterprise senior management.
Review of New Systems
- The IT Architect plays an active role in the design and review process of new systems. These technicians develop and document proposed changes that need to be implemented or integrated across the working platforms of the IT department.
Integrate New Infrastructure
- They formulate detailed plans to add new systems to the existing core infrastructure. It includes logistic plans for conducting physical integration of hardware. Infrastructure Architects provide technical direction and support throughout this process.
- They evaluate the new system that has been integrated into the client infrastructure. This professional must keep track of the success of the project, identifying best practices for future implementation. Architects provide feedback to the enterprise and incorporate all gathered information into future integration plans.
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field or equivalent experience. The essential skills organizations consider include a thorough knowledge of system administration, software development, and expertise in solving complex software development issues.
- Master's Degree is preferred
- The IT Infrastructure Architect should be a strong leader and good communicator. A successful Infrastructure Architect must have good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with web technologies and building enterprise architecture. They must have a strong grasp of designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions. They will assist in planning and support processes and adhering to best practices.
- The architect must handle anything related to the web server and application server administration and web application deployment experience.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence (EACOE)
Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.