Cloud Platform Engineer
With trivago N.V. in Düsseldorf - DEMore jobs from trivago N.V.
Posted on January 09, 2020
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Industry: Data Science, Software Development, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
cloud, linux, devops
Our team maintains, develops and improves our internal cloud platform offerings to empower our other tech teams to build and run the heart of trivago - our hotel search engine.
We are looking for a full-time Cloud Platform Engineer to help us keep our Nomad and Kubernetes Clusters up-to-date and improve the user experience and feature set to offer the best service possible to our product teams. Our internal cloud platform is built on Nomad and Kubernetes, and we use Saltstack to automate all the base installations while utilizing the schedulers for the rest of our configuration. We also maintain Consul , Vault , Istio , Prometheus , Ceph , Haproxy , KVM/Libvirt and various custom tools written mostly in golang. Since we're providing our internal cloud platform offerings on a global scale, our challenge is to maintain multiple environments for multiple tenants.
We believe in the power and community of Open Source , and our motivation is to tackle operational challenges with a Software Engineering mindset. If you're up for the challenge, you'll join a diverse team of people who all bring different skill sets to the table. We have a lot of ideas on how to move forward and be better than yesterday and we're looking forward to hearing which initiatives you'll bring to the team!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you'll do:
- Build, setup and automate infrastructure with the mindset to enable others to work more efficiently to ensure trivago's speed is not impacted with its growth.
- Work with different dev teams and consult on how to build a reliable and fault-tolerant infrastructure and applications based on cloud native design patterns.
- Monitor infrastructure and solve any issues or complications that arise, especially during peak traffic hours.
- Design and build customized cloud solutions based on Kubernetes and Nomad.
- Work hand in hand with other teams and departments in order to make your work more productive.
- Build and maintain cloud service API's to help automate workflows.
What you'll definitely need:
- 3+ years work experience in one or more of the following fields: Software Engineering, DevOps/Automation, Designing reusable platforms, Web Infrastructure and Open Source.
- Proficient software development skills in either Go, C/C++, Rust, Java or Python.
- Proficiency in configuration management( eg. Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, CFEngine or Ansible).
- Proficiency in cloud(eg. AWS or GoogleCloud).
- Proficiency in container scheduling platforms(eg. Nomad or Kubernetes).
What we'd love you to have:
- Proficiency in system administration (eg. Linux, BSD).
- A good understanding of UNIX/Linux platforms (Debian, FreeBSD).
- A good understanding of databases (MySQL, Redis).
- A good understanding of protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP).
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com
- Want to learn more about trivago's business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product.