Data Warehouse Engineer - help us build the future of responsible banking
With Nordax Bank in Stockholm - SEMore jobs from Nordax Bank
Posted on January 09, 2020
About this job
Compensation: kr576k - 900k
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: Database Administrator, System Administrator
Industry: Banking, Financial Services, Financial Technology
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
etl, tsql, .net, ssis, reporting-services, sysadmin
What will you do?
Do you want to be challenged in your career? Then maybe this is the next role for you! Come help us grow and boost your own career and professional development at the same time. We are looking for a passionate and skilled data warehouse lead to join our growing team and help us build the future of banking by leading the work with developing and maintaining our data warehouse.
- Leading the technical agenda in the data warehouse area
- Suggest and implement improvements to the data handling process and tools
- Develop new and maintain existing dataflows in a stable and secure way and help teammates do the same
- Responsible for a good cooperation with business analytics team
To thrive and succeed in your role, you will need:
To be successful in this role, you would ideally have worked with dataflows from the whole cycle of data management and practice a good architectural design with a clear view of boundaries, that’s will be beneficial. It would be amazing if you have experience with supporting the needs of an analytics team that will soon be a driver for the company.
So, if you have the ambition to lead the data driven tech agenda and help others in doing so too, if you are looking for a challenging role in an exciting yet stable environment, then this just might be the right job for you.
Previous experience in building and maintaining databases and data warehouse services
An ability to understand the business needs for an accurate delivery
Experience working with Databases, good knowledge about
- Performance-, query- and storage optimization
Experience working with BI suite, preferably Microsoft
- building ETL flows - SSIS
- cubes using - SSAS
- familiarity with displaying reports using, SSRS, PowerBI or other
Experience working with code management tools like Visual studio
Experience working with .net or other for scripting and handling file format like xml
Good to have:
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft’s development stack, including TFS
- Experience building tests and monitoring for ETL flows
- Basic understanding of other reporting tools like Tableau
- An eagerness to keep learning new disciplines, methodologies, stay up to date with the community, develop best practices, as well as the willingness to teach and mentor others
- Knowledge about Azure stack and other cloud platforms
- Knowledge about the Data Engineer and Data Scientist roles
- A strong devotion to quality
Who are you?
Do you have a passion for quality and BI development? Do you want to join a rapidly growing, socially responsible company where teams not only work hard, but also have fun at the office? You will thrive in this role if you enjoy solving problems and have good organizational skills and if you enjoy working in a team driven environment and collaborating across functions. We are looking for a team player and someone who wants to learn new things and collaborate with multiple departments at Nordax; we will need you to be the connection between business and IT development in ensuring the quality of our platforms. Having gotten this far, we assume that you speak English; if you can speak Swedish, that's a plus. If you are collaborative, driven, willing to take the initiative and recognize yourself in our four values of being Customer Centric, Sound, Responsible and Simple – if you want to join us on our growth adventure of becoming the leading niche bank in the Nordics, then Nordax is the right place for you.