IT Supervisor --Helpdesk Team
With Hays in Ottawa - CAMore jobs from Hays
Posted on January 08, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Lead
Role: System Administrator
IT Help-desk Supervisor Ottawa Permanent Full Time Job Hiring Desk-side Help-desk Support Team 5
Your new company
Our client is a well-established non-profit organization with 1200+ staffs across Ottawa region, providing home health care and support services to clients and caregivers, and a major partner of government projects. Due to the business growth, our client is expanding the IT team and put IT into a more critical position to support the business.
Your new role
Reporting to the IT Manager, you as the IT Support Supervisor are responsible to oversee and lead the IT support function to ensure end users receive timely and responsive assistance for requests and problems. The role includes creating a supportive and responsive work environment for a team of staff providing Help Desk and Desk-side IT support, a total team member of 5. You responsibilities include monitoring and actioning employee on-board requests, open tickets and administering escalation processes to ensure help desk requests are actioned, prioritised, and resolved within established service levels. You will assist with problem resolution and generally contributes to ongoing process improvements. Your time will be spent 25% on hands on work, 20% mentor team members, and 55% on leadership and improving the team culture and business performance.
Some key responsibilities are:
- Supervises, develops, trains and mentors the help desk and end user support team
- Develops and establish help desk service level agreements (SLA) in consultation with management and users; monitors problem resolution expectations and time-frames
- Coordinates and oversees installations, configuration, upgrades and onboard for workstation software and/or hardware, mobile devices and other tools and applications.
- Analyses performance of help desk activities, documents resolutions, identifies problem areas, and devises and delivers solutions to enhance quality of service and improve system performance and up-time
- Develops and refines processes for reporting requests and incidents to the help desk; includes Web portal, telephone, in-person, messaging and e-mail.
- Oversees and manages service request escalation practices and procedures
- Monitor and provides quality assurance to ensure problems have been adequately resolved and documented
- Provide support and coordination for IT initiatives and improvement projects
- Develop and update of knowledge bases, FAQ's and other best practice resources
- Provide analysis and develop key indicators to improve end user service performance
- Identifies, develops, and coordinates end user training programs to prevent/reduce service incidents and support user self-sufficiency
- Oversee and maintain IT asset tracking records
- Participates in the management On Call Resource (OCR) rotation
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you need to have rich hands on experience in Desk-side and Help-desk support, currently leading a small desk-side help-desk support team, or you are a senior IT Support with mentor-ship and leadership experience, with passion in improving the process, and mentoring junior IT specialists, uniting the team together. Your experience in managing unionised employee is an asset. Experience dealing with healthcare systems is an asset.
What you'll get in return
You will joining a large organization based on east side of downtown Ottawa, at the perfect time of establishing an in-house IT team, so your voice will be heard and you can shape the future of this team. You will hire, mentor and train the team, which is amazing experience to gain more leadership experience!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV , or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.