With Google in Seattle WA USMore jobs from Google
Posted on January 10, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Android, Cloud Services, Internet Infrastructure
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, spring, maven, spring-mvc, networking
In school or graduated within last 9 months? We encourage you to apply to openings on the Student Jobs site
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Kirkland, WA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Master’s degree, Doctorate's degree, or further education in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical related field.
- 4 years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our products and technology serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.