With MetroStar Systems Inc. in Reston VA USMore jobs from MetroStar Systems Inc.
Posted on January 13, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Computer Software, Cybersecurity, Information Technology
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: Private
automation, linux, security, amazon-web-services, azure
MetroStar Systems is looking for a DevSecOps Engineer that is passionate about automating, developing, and executing DevSecOps best-practices, solution architectures, and integrated security automation. If you want to join a company that values people that are fearless about making technology work and are open to commuting to Reston, VA and Washington DC, we want you to work for MetroStar!
You’re a great fit if…
- You are entrenched, socialized, and subscribed to the DevSecOps culture and mindset with exposure to industry standard DevSecOps tools.
- You are passionate about designing and creating highly automated, self-service products and blueprints to help meet mission-critical objectives.
- You are detailed oriented and can work independently in troubleshooting issues.
- You love TDD, CI/CD, automation, containerization, and micro-services.
- Open to commuting to Reston, VA and Washington DC
You’ll love this position if…
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have 4+ years of experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- You have a strong Linux background and 3+ years’ experience with Linux Administration and shell scripting.
- You have knowledge of secure coding practices and the ability to conduct security assessments and analyses (e.g., Identity Access Management, Firewalling, Vulnerability Scanning) in every part of the development process and automating core security tasks by embedding security controls and processes in the DevSecOps workflow.
- You have experience with branching strategies in Git and experience creating jobs and pipelines in CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo or CircleCI.
- Working knowledge IaaS providers like AWS, Azure, and RackSpace.
- You have experience working in Agile environments and applying automation techniques with multiple teams operating in parallel to accomplish large initiative deployments.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience in the build/automation subject area.
We’ll REALLY love you if…
(This is the BONUS stuff that makes you stand out)
- You have a developer background and insider understanding how DevSecOps integrates with developers.
- You have experience working in sprints and/or Kanban.
- You have experience with JIRA and other Atlassian tools, Terraform, CloudFormation, and/or Docker.
- You have experience creating tests for your automation tool of choice.
- You understand various deployment approaches such as Blue-Green deployment.
What your day will look like…
- You will support both on-premise and cloud hosted enterprise applications.
- You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- You will build, secure, and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations.
- You will work with Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, and Developers to facilitate the flow of continuous development through a secure, stable pipeline.
- You will support and develop new and innovative automated solutions and scripts.
The Admin Stuff…
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship or Green Card is required.
The Legal Stuff…
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.