Application Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
With Apple in Bengaluru - INMore jobs from Apple
Posted on February 07, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will inspired. And you’ll be proud. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join the Wireless Technologies and Eco-Systems (WTE) organization and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people?s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The Services & Infrastructure team in Software Engineering is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help oversee, support, and maintain its mission critical software applications, running in a data center environment.
In this role you will be providing first, and second, level support to an array of software applications, and application servers, ensuring a smooth 24/7 operation, across the entire software stack. This includes the underlying Windows and Linux operating systems, Kubernetes container orchestration, data base systems, such as Postgres, MS SQL, and MySQL, as well as an array of proprietary software components used across Apple.
Skills & requirements
- Demonstrated experience maintaining critical application infrastructure in a data center environment
- Solid system administration skills in Linux or Windows operating systems
- Good spoken and written English communication skills
- Ability to operate independently and prioritize competing tasks
- Experience handling customer support requests, and driving them to resolution in timely manner
- Able to participate in the team’s on-call rotation
- Experience building, and maintaining, robust alerting and monitoring systems and workflows.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related work experience.
- This role may require traveling to Cupertino, and other Apple locations, up to 20% of the time.