Senior Data Loss Prevention & Data Security Consultant Job
With SAP in Newtown Square PA USMore jobs from SAP
Posted on February 07, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Customer Experience Management, Enterprise Software
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
security, cloud, sysadmin
Requisition ID: 242310
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Within the SAP Global Security (SGS) organization the department Cyber Defense & Design supports secure infrastructure & application operations, as well as secure cloud development, in order to deliver secure cloud services to our customers. Additionally, it is acting as the trusted partner & advisor for IT and data security matters and is handling Security Incidents.
For the Cyber Defense & Design Team, we are searching for a Data Loss Prevention (Senior) Consultant/Specialist who will be in charge to support SAP’s IT Teams with state of the art security guidance and advisory in regard to compliance aspects and technical security measures implementing and operating Data Loss Prevention (DLP) security controls. This will be done in close alignment with SAP’s IT-operating organizations to continuously improve the security level for SAP and SAP’s customers globally. Hence active collaboration and support of SAP globally during implementation of security improvements is a key task.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Support the architecture, design, deployment and integration of DLP security controls
- Review of business processes and of the corresponding mapping into the DLP architecture
- Recommend changes and enhancements for improvements in security, availability, and automation
- Holistically and continuously identify security risks across the whole enterprise that might impact SAPs success, reputation or compromises our data assets
- Communicate security risks with business units and IT teams to ensure systems are configured to leverage the DLP security controls to protect sensitive data
- Support the creation of DLP security policies, standards, and processes including risk metric reports
- Development of DLP security incident handling processes, standard operating procedures, playbooks and runbooks
- Work with our Global Security, Legal, Privacy and other business units as appropriate based upon corporate policy to respond to major Data Loss security incidents and take the appropriate response actions
- Support in developing DLP security awareness and deliver DLP knowledge transfer to the business and IT teams
- Work closely with SAP product and platform teams to engineer and implement DLP security controls
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Hands-on experience with enterprise DLP solutions such as Symantec DLP, McAfee DLP, Microsoft O365 DLP, Cisco Ironport DLP, Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB), etc.
- 3+ years of experience in operations of DLP solutions for endpoint, network, storage and cloud (both policy and infrastructure maintenance)
- 3+ years professional experience, ideally in covering enterprise server administration in a large-scale infrastructure setup which includes knowledge of Windows/macOS/Unix/Linux flavors.
- Experience managing cases with enterprise SIEM or Incident Management systems.
- Basic understanding of international data security laws and regulations particularly with the EU nations and GDPR.
- Strong innovative thinker, with the drive and commitment to stay up to date on current technology and procedures.
- Fluent written and spoken English with German as an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desired
- A professional certification e.g. CISSP or CISA is highly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in architecting, designing, managing security solutions is preferred with expert in one or more of the following disciplines: Endpoint Security, Network Security, Security Management
- Be comfortable developing detection rules for enterprise DLP solutions
- Advanced experience writing regular expressions
- Advanced experience as an DLP event analyst
- DLP security incident response analyst experience is an advantage
- Advanced understanding of essential regulatory and legal guidelines and laws regarding Personal Identifiable (PII) and Health Information (PHI), as well as HIPAA, PCI-DSS, SOX and other company sensitive information
- Basic knowledge of Information Security concepts, practices, and patterns to include a firm understanding of data security
- Knowledge in the area of SAP´s product technology and underlying security concepts is a plus
- Proactive behavior and willingness to learn, teach, and excel in a team setting
- Demand for a challenging position and the desire for self-development
- At least 5 years of experience in different security roles
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.