Shared Infrastructure Network Engineer
With BAE Systems in New Malden - GBMore jobs from BAE Systems
Posted on February 07, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Aerospace, Defence & Security, Defense
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Private
windows, dns, security, routing, vmware, sysadmin
Would you like to undertake a defined range of Network engineering design, development & test activities across multiple programmes (e.g. Type 26, QEC, Type 45)? We currently have a vacancy for a Shared Infrastructure Network Engineer at our site in New Malden. As a Shared Infrastructure Network Engineer, you will be responsible for various stages of the network development. This role will provide you with the Opportunity to develop and create network design and communication for Royal Navy.
Your main responsibilities as a Shared Infrastructure Network Engineer will involve:
Responsibility for various stages of the network development. This may include: design (responding to design changes, High and Low Level Design, creating supporting technical documentation), analysis (creating and investigating observation reports on network behaviour), configuration development in a change control environment, product testing and supporting the resolution of issues with the network infrastructure or connected application components.
Ensuring that communications function across the network architecture and that the network’s performance meets the necessary requirements.
Providing direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations on RN platforms to support the various aspects of overall Combat System integration.
Carrying out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
Your skills and qualifications as a Shared Infrastructure Network Engineer:
- An understanding of how to configure and setup Juniper and Dell Devices
- Experience with configuring and installing client and server network software
- An understanding of the technology behind a switched architecture and its workings (DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Switching/Routing, HTTP, VPN, VSS, Multicast, QoS etc.)
- Requires current Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP level.
- Experience of working with Switches, Routers, Servers, Cables (Cat 5-6), Fibre Optics, Racks LAN, WAN, TCP/IP (Ethernet)
- Network Management & Monitoring Systems e.g. PRTG and Solarwinds
And ideally knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 Enterprise
- Other operating/hypervisor systems including VMware ESXi Server 6, Linux (RedHat)
- Working knowledge of various VMware tools
- Working knowledge of SAN Technologies (iSCSI)
What we're looking for in you:
You will be a highly motivated self starter individual with a strong sense of desire to succeed despite setbacks. You need to have the ability to work closely with a multi-disciplined engineering team in a ‘design-develop-deliver’ product orientated environment.
Location: New Malden
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.