Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer
With Indeed in Seattle WA USMore jobs from Indeed
Posted on February 07, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Ad Tech, Advertising, Search Engine
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Private
java, design, python
As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Seattle Base Salary Range:
Site Reliability Engineer I: 112,000 - 142,000 USD
Site Reliability Engineer II: 144,000 - 180,000 USD
Senior Site Reliability Engineer: 178,000 - 225,000 USD
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) applies software engineering techniques and discipline to production operations to attack major problems and fix them for good. SRE adds nines to our already well-engineered and highly reliable software products supporting job seekers, employers, and internal customers. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and ultimately help them get hired at their next job.
The team spans Austin, Dublin, Hyderabad, Seattle, San Francisco, and Tokyo in order to have a follow-the-sun on call rotation. SRE is new at Indeed, and members of this team will have the chance to influence the direction for a critical and global SRE organization. There will be ample opportunities for growth in many areas: technology skills, leadership, mentorship, design, and more.
* Participate in the entire software lifecycle including design, delivery, measurement, and learning.
* Design, write, ship, and motivate the creation of software and systems to increase product reliability and organizational efficiency.
* Support the software lifecycle through activities like reviewing designs, creating platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and chaos testing.
* Maintain service health by through monitoring and follow-the-sun incident response.
* Improve service reliability through root cause analysis, blameless postmortems, and using code to prevent or respond to problem recurrence.
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience writing code in Java, Go, Shell, Perl, Python, or a similar language.
* Experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
We get excited about candidates who
* Interest in designing, writing, and/or troubleshooting software and systems in a distributed, internet-scale Linux environment.
* Systematic approach to solving problems.
* Strong communication skills, ownership, and drive.
* Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs. View our bounty of perks:  http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms:  https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy