Lead Software Engineer
With GVC Group in London - GBMore jobs from GVC Group
Posted on February 10, 2020
About this job
Compensation: £65k - 75k
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Lead
Industry: Entertainment, Gaming, Sports Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Private
java, apache-kafka, amazon-web-services
Join Ladbrokes Coral as a Lead Software Engineer in East London and grab your opportunity to make things better for millions of sports betting and gaming customers worldwide.
In a nutshell:
This is a hands-on technical position in the development, support and enhancement of Integration Services software systems. You’ll manage an offshore team of developers in Hyderabad, running daily standups in an agile environment. You’ll be a hands on coder, with an ability to drive and lead the team offshore to success.
Most days you’ll be in East London (we have a cool Tech office with a running track, table tennis, drinks fridge etc… sort of thing you’d expect from the world’s number one sports betting and gaming business). Check it out here.
You'll work closely with other Integration Services Developers onshore and offshore to ensure that Integration Services development requirements are delivered using Agile & DevOps principles.
What you'll be doing:
- Coaching junior member of the development team
- Analysis, Design, Development and Maintenance of microservices running on cloud serving critical platforms across channels
- Continuous Improvement, seeking opportunities to streamline delivery whilst keep high code quality standards
- Establish and lead technical forums between all developers to assess emerging technologies and best development practice
- Contribute to the development of DevOps processes
- Develop with full automation and Test Driven Development methodologies
- Performing code configuration and producing software releases as specified by the Build Management team
- Producing and maintaining technical documentation using defined documentation standards
- Work closely with the SRE team to build highly available and automated systems
- Helping to deliver the technical refresh/migration of legacy Integration Services systems onto new platforms/technologies/frameworks
What we need from you:
- Minimum 5 years of development experience including 3+ years of Java development experience
- Working experience of Agile software delivery within dynamic environments
- Comfortable working with offshore development teams
- Experience working with technologies such as Kafka, Spring Framework, AWS, ElasticSearch, Docker & Jenkins would be beneficial.