With NAB in Melbourne - AUMore jobs from NAB
Posted on February 11, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Manager
Industry: Banking, Financial Services, Financial Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, design, web-services
We are one of Australia’s biggest banks – but we know that life’s about more than money. It’s about the connections we share with our customers, and the great things we can do to make life easier for them.
That’s why we’re so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. With the largest accessibility team in Australia, we are fully committed to inclusive design and solutions for our employees and customers across multiple platforms including desktop, web, mobile, tablet etc. This is an opportunity to be part of something forward thinking and special, impacting and improving people’s everyday lives.
Your new role awaits
As a Manager Engineer within Digital Technology, you will be joining in the midst of our biggest transformation to date, as we accelerate our Digital transformation onto the cloud; making use of the most appropriate and innovative open source software, the successful candidate will be a strong hands-on on technologist, who is also a good people leader, motivator and coach.
- Oversee and quality control from a resilience and preparedness perspective the design and implementation of all services that enable customer and employee access across all channels
- Develop an approach that continuously stresses services and teams by injects faults without customer impact to ensure incidents are addressed from a position of high alert
- Ensure infrastructure and service components are kept current and optimised for business workload and its fluctuation
- Design and drive implementation and maintenance of a set of dashboards and reports to evidence SLA compliance and manage business expectations
- Develop and drive implementation of self-service capabilities for issue diagnostics and resolution of connected systems
- Tertiary degree in Software Engineering / Information Systems
- Expert in site reliability engineering for access solutions with extensive experience
- Expert in issue prevention, identification and resolution for highly federated systems, preferably in a cloud-based environment
- Preferable experience in Java development
- Experience in Unit, Component and Feature automation test scripts
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are the bank that backs the bold who move Australia forward**.**
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.