DevOps Engineer, Global Technology Legal Compliance (GTLC) Job
With SAP in Vancouver - CAMore jobs from SAP
Posted on February 11, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Customer Experience Management, Enterprise Software
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, continuous-integration, sysadmin
Requisition ID: 243064
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Global Technology Legal Compliance (GTLC) team is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our CCI project and help maintain and evolve our CI/CD and cloud infrastructure for SAP Corporate Intellectual Property (IP) Compliance governance development and operation. Our ideal candidate is a collaborative, pragmatic self-starter who excels at critical thinking, learning, coaching, and executing in a fast-paced environment. You thrive on positive interactions with team members and believe that growing as a team is the sustainable model.
You will contribute to design, development, documentation, testing and operation support for our CI/CD and cloud solutions. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. As a member of GTLC Development team, you are the go-to person for all infrastructure questions. You work closely with our developers and Corp IT teams to solve problems in our CI/CD and cloud operations. You are obsessed with customer satisfaction and have demonstrated passion to leverage cutting-edge technologies and automation tooling to support beautiful cloud native products. You will design, implement, troubleshoot, and improve our DevOps solutions. You may even join the development force to implement and own some components.
You have Can-Do attitude and strong sense of ownership. You dive into complex requirements and succinctly and accurately translate them into technical requirements. Most importantly, you have a passion for learning, sharing, and are driven to be the best at what you do.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years professional work experience in DevOps.
- Excellent system administration skills on Unix/Linux and Windows.
- Excellent trouble-shooting skill in microservices architecture and networking.
- Strong scripting skill in Bash, Python, Perl.
- Strong knowledge in Docker, Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes/Kubernikus, Gardener, OpenShift/OpenStack, ServiceMesh, Nginx, Jenkins, Git, Maven, Nexus, Artifactory.
- Strong knowledge in Ansible, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.
- Working knowledge on GCP/AWS/Azure/SCP is a plus.
- Working knowledge in at least one each of relational and NoSQL database preferably Hana, MSSQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, Neo4j.
- Experience in managing one or more of compliance products of Flexera BDNA, Synopsys Blackduck HUB, Blackduck Protex/CodeCenter, Whitesource, nextB, Software360 is a plus.
- Experience in BI reporting in SAP BI platform, data modeling, dashboard solutions is a plus.
- Familiar with agile software development methodology, especially scrum.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, self-direction, and effectiveness within teams.
- Ability to think critically and arrive at elegant solutions to challenging problems.
- Excellent communication skills and able to actively participate in team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
- Experience working with business teams to transform business requirements into functioning software.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now_._
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :