(Junior) Threat Researcher
With F-Secure in Kuala Lumpur - MYMore jobs from F-Secure
Posted on February 12, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, IT Security, Security Software
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
java, security, python, reverse-engineering, sysadmin
Have you ever wondered how cybersecurity companies build defenses against malware? Have you done some reverse engineering in an official capacity or on your spare time? Does keeping people safe from digital threats sound like an exciting occupation?
If you have answered yes to the above questions, you may be the one we’re looking for.
In Security, Research and Technologies (SRT), we enable the different products and services offered by the company via our expertise. Within SRT, the Tactical Defense Unit ensures that our products and services can handle the latest threats through building rules and detections, training machine learning models and guiding various development teams in delivering needed functionalities.
As a (Junior) Threat Researcher, you will be part of the Service Team that ensures our Endpoint Protection Products protect users from latest threats.
In order to do that, you'll have to:
- Ensure that systems hunting for threats are discovering the latest ones.
- Create various types of detections for these different threats.
- Create various types of clustering mechanisms for these threats
- Create tooling to improve the efficiency of certain tasks.
- Analyze individual threats when necessary.
WHAT DOES IT TAKES TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE?
- Coding skills (esp. Python, Lua, Java).
- x86/x64 Reverse Engineering.
- Familiarity with Windows, Mac and Android Operating System internals.
- Familiarity with sandboxes.
- Familiarity with typical malware behavior.
- Flexibility in learning new programming languages.
- Good command of the English language.
- A team player.
You can’t design culture!
The F-Secure team is diverse, fluid, fun-loving, and full of energy. It’s our job to preserve that, so we’ve made it our business to help individuals traverse from passion to passion, from specialism to specialism, from the flavour of today to tomorrow’s. We move with their needs, and help them build pathways, always focusing on the things that make them happy in and beyond of the office.
*A security background check will be conducted for the selected candidate.