Seeking user support engineer to relocate to Austria - IT Systems Eng.
With International Atomic Energy Agency / Intl. Safeguards Project Office in Wien - ATMore jobs from International Atomic Energy Agency / Intl. Safeguards Project Office
Posted on February 11, 2020
About this job
Compensation: $67k - 85k
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Energy & Environment, Non-Profit, Science
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
windows-10, powershell, vmware, vdi
Seeking candidates for opportunity in Vienna, Austria. Three year assignment at an international organization dedicated to the nonproliferation of nuclear materials and weapons. Benefits: relocation fully covered, tax free salary, 6 weeks paid vacation, education grant for children, and rental subsidy.
The selected candidate will be a solution provider, deploying secure and user-friendly desktop solutions and support for the end user computing environment, and troubleshoot and fix technical issues related to the end user computing environment. Specifically:
- Implement, deploy, and manage user-friendly solutions for the end user computing environment. Contribute to the development of systems that adhere to the IT standards and policies. Deploy software packages, updates, and fixes to the end user. Test and deploy updates and fixes..
- Contribute as a key player to ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of relevant information by proposing and developing appropriate desktop measures and operational support options..
- Investigate and resolve problems IT problems. Work with vendors on technical matters to prevent problems and optimize problem solving.
- Identify, investigate, and advise on emerging technologies and products, and assess their suitability of use within the overall IT strategy.
- Consult with and take direction from managers regarding work priorities and deliverables. Listen to customers, end users, and business analysts to understand requirements. Produce high-level oral and written reports, presenting complex technical matters in clear terms tailored to specific audiences.
Experience and Qualification requirements
- Minimum of two years experience in end user client system engineering environment with IT security constraints.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience configuring and managing automated software deployment systems, such as SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager).
- Practical experience in Windows 10 security configuration, integration of diverse systems, trouble shooting and problem resolution.
- Experience in Powershell as well as demonstrated experience in scripting and automation of tasks..
- Demonstrated experience in design, configuration, deployment, operations, and improvement of virtualized computer environment using VMWare VDI solution.
This assignment is funded by the U.S. Dept. of State.