Software Engineer (C#) – Phishd
With F-Secure in Manchester - GBMore jobs from F-Secure
Posted on February 12, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, IT Security, Security Software
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
F-Secure delivers research-led cyber security to defend organisations, society and people from real-world attacks and build resilience into their approach. Our people are a mix of technical and creative experts – diverse, talented, and passionate people – working tirelessly to help us advance the industry with new ways of thinking. They lead their own development, in and out of the office. They call the shots when it comes to building a place to call home in our organisation.
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a talented and passionate Software Engineer to work alongside our current awesome and compact dev team at our offices in King Street, Manchester!
You’ll play a vital role within the team for the development, maintenance and continual improvement of our Phishd services, applications & platforms. You’ll be entering into the intriguing landscape of cyber security, working alongside a leading international team of penetration testers, security consultants, developers & industry experts.
The Phishd division provides a wide array of innovative employee security behaviour services, such as simulated phishing attacks, point-in-time security education, Office plugins, password auditing and more to multi-national, enterprise-level organisations.
As a Phishd Software Engineer, we’ll provide you with the opportunity to develop your learning of new skills, techniques and advance your career within an interesting, fun and fast-paced environment. Over time, opportunities exist for you to progress to taking ownership of the development of new services, and the potential to be involved in our network infrastructure and/or mobile application development.
- Being a team player in the development, design, implementation of Phishd applications, platforms and services
- Full life-cycle support and implementation for Phishd projects and coding, liaising with all stakeholders.
- Developing and testing software and developing documentation systems to manage existing solutions.
- Develop reliable, efficient and scalable solutions
- Bring innovation & knowledge to your work
Who are we looking for?
- Ideally you will have at least 2 years C# development experience in a commercial environment
- Developing, debugging, testing, bug fixing, doing code reviews, automated testing and troubleshooting
- Take a part in work coordination: code reviews, effort estimations in sprint planning and pre-planning
- Participates in an adaptation of new tools and practices
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues alike
- Driven and self-motivated approach to work
- Ability to work on multiple development projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of version control systems (ideally Git)
- Experience using JIRA/Confluence
- Experience using other OO languages such as Python and PHP
- Experience using modern UI libraries such as React, Vue or AngularJS and frontend testing libraries
- Experience with AWS environment
- Experience using Docker
You can’t design culture!
The F-Secure team is diverse, fluid, fun-loving, and full of energy. It’s our job to preserve that, so we’ve made it our business to help individuals traverse from passion to passion, from specialism to specialism, from the flavour of today to tomorrow’s. We move with their needs, and help them build pathways, always focusing on the things that make them happy in and beyond of the office.