Full Stack Developer with AWS Experience
With Hays in Orlando FL USMore jobs from Hays
Posted on February 12, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: Full Stack Developer
java, node, aws
Full Stack Developer with AWS Experience - Contract - Orlando, FL
Hays Specialist Recruitment is working in partnership with The Walt Disney Company to manage the recruitment of this position
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
When's the last time you walked by Chewbacca on your way in to the office? If the answer was "never," then this is the role for you! The Disney Guest Experience team is looking to add top level talent on highly-visible, highly confidential projects to help bolster upcoming enhancements to several of their Orlando theme parks. Working in a lean production environment with an extremely exciting development stack, you'll help contribute to experiences customers touch in the theme parks every single day - and you'll be able to see them using it out of your very desk window. If you're a progressive engineer looking to make the next step in your career, please apply!
Software Engineer responsible to developing automation tools to support the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team responsible for 24/7/365 level 2 operations support. The Reliability Engineering team will focus on increasing productivity through building analysis, automation, productivity and recovery tools. Responsibilities: Build tools to quickly triage issues and discover failures across hardware, software, applications and network. In-depth analysis of service trends and implements adjustments to mitigate risk and prevent issue recurrence. Maintain production systems by measuring and providing monitoring orchestration tools and overall system health. Provide guidance to software engineers related to design patterns that are resistant to failure. Support 24x7 on-call response to studio specific critical operational issues.
Skills & Requirements
* 3+ years programming in one or more of: Java, Node, Python, Perl or C 2+ years UNIX systems knowledge and/or systems administration background Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
* Experience debugging, optimizing code and automating routine tasks. Professional experience with AWS specifically notably with Lambdas, S3, Kinesis, and Rabbit MQ.
* Angular 5+ or React - strong experience
* Node applications and scripting (lambdas, APIs, etc.) - strong experience
* Python scripting - working knowledge
* Agile environment (i.e. Scrum, Kanban) - working knowledge