Senior Cloud Architect / Engineer (Dockerizing)
With Hays in Reston VA USMore jobs from Hays
Posted on February 12, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Senior Cloud Architect / Engineer (Dockerizing) - Perm - Reston, VA - $130,000-$150,000
Hays Specialist Recruitment is working in partnership with Jellyfish to manage the recruitment of this position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Jellyfish delivers digital marketing solutions across the world for a host of impressive brands from their offices in the US, Europe, and South Africa. The agency's award-winning combination of technology and talent help it to deliver paid media, UX, SEO, social media, analytics, optimization, creative and development solutions. They partner with Google as their only technology reseller and official training partner across the US and EMEA.
10% annual bonus, paid for training/certifications (such as the GCP certification), flexible working hours
Will be positioned within the rapidly growing cloud engineering team to work on building, maintaining and scaling their clients web application technologies (PHP, NodeJS and Python) using modern infrastructure techniques such as serverless containers and container orchestration.
Skills & Requirements
* Develop solutions architecture and evaluate multiple alternatives for different cloud models and services
* Understand microservice architecture
* Understand performance enhancement technologies ( CDN, Caching, etc )
* Practice SRE concepts and design
* Ability to scope and estimate technical web builds
* Track and monitor project costs and deadlines
* Effectively conduct architectural reviews
* Strong understanding of networking concepts
* Understanding of content and ecommerce systems ( WordPress, Drupal and Magento )
* Certified in a public cloud technology (AWS, GCP or Azure)
* Competent with Dockerizing application
* Hands-on experience with managing Kubernetes
* Knowledge of Web technologies ( LAMP & LEMP )
* Experience with Terraform or other IaC technologies
* Develop and maintain CI Pipelines