Senior Database Engineer (DB Engines)
With Hays in Burbank CA USMore jobs from Hays
Posted on February 12, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
postgres, sql-server, mysql
Senior Database Engineer (DB engines) - Contract or CTP - Burbank/Glendale, CA - $80.00-$93.00/hr
Hays Specialist Recruitment is working in partnership with The Walt Disney Company to manage the recruitment of this position
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
When's the last time you walked by Chewbacca on your way in to the office? If the answer was "never," then this is the role for you! The Disney Guest Experience team is looking to add top level talent on highly-visible, highly confidential projects to help bolster upcoming enhancements to several of their Orlando theme parks. Working in a lean production environment with an extremely exciting development stack, you'll help contribute to experiences customers touch in the theme parks every single day - and you'll be able to see them using it out of your very desk window. If you're a progressive engineer looking to make the next step in your career, please apply!
- Looking to add top level talent on highly-visible, highly confidential projects to help bolster upcoming enhancements to several of their Orlando theme parks.
- Work on a lean production environment with an extremely exciting development stack
- Help contribute to experiences customers touch in the theme parks every single day and you'll be able to see them using it out of your very desk window.
* Expert in popular DB engines (Postgres, SQL Server, MySQL)
* Current Database Infrastructure Experience - Primary job function is building a database for post movie productions, manage royalties, etc.
* Possess multiple scripting languages in toolbox (e.g. Python, GO, PERL, or Powershell)
Skills & Requirements
* BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years
* Expert in popular DB engines (SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL)
* Thorough performance tuning skills for both DBs and application queries
* Expertise in leveraging AWS RDS or equivalent cloud DB PaaS (e.g. Azure SQL DB)
* Strong knowledge in system management languages (e.g. Chef, Terraform, Ansible)
* Automating routine db backups and restores on demand
* Embodies a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering culture with continuous delivery, cloud, and fully automated infrastructure-as-code
* Thorough knowledge of continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
* Right-sizing skills for proper scaling and performance
* Multiple scripting languages in your toolbox (e.g. Python, GO, PERL, or Powershell)
* Experience using building infrastructure via CLI in an automated, repeatable manner
* Familiarity with containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
* Skilled in Cloud/PaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Compute)
* UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills