Senior Network Monitoring Engineer Job
With SAP in Newtown Square PA USMore jobs from SAP
Posted on February 12, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Customer Experience Management, Enterprise Software
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
sysadmin, linux, devops
Requisition ID: 228172
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Global Cloud Services (GCS) is responsible for SAP’s infrastructure backend & technical foundation, including state-of-the-art data centers and associated technical platforms. These serve as foundation for all of SAP’s Cloud solutions, but also for SAP’s internal development, training, or demo landscapes.
Our customers expect no less than Zero Downtime. With SAP’s amazing growth in the Cloud Business, we want to further strengthen our capabilities in End-to-End Infrastructure Monitoring and Analytics.
As part of the Infrastructure Operations team in GCS, the Network Monitoring and Analytics team architects, implements and operates various solutions to serve this goal. We are currently expanding our global team with multiple positions.
If you’re enthusiastic about network monitoring and want be a part of an amazing growth story, apply now.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a member of our Network Monitoring and Analytics team, you will:
- Work as a team member in a global/virtual team, currently spread across three locations / continents.
- Perform ITIL oriented tasks for Plan, Build and Run of our network monitoring tools and services (used for fault, configuration, accounting, performance, security management, etc.)
- Consult and assist service owners to maximize the customer business value benefit
- Develop roadmaps for a comprehensive, harmonized monitoring environment - in close collaboration with other GCS departments and SAP’s Lines of Business relying on high availability of and visibility into our infrastructure
- Drive standardization and harmonization to allow automation and other continuous improvement efforts
- Work with monitoring tool vendors and Managed Service partners to ensure fast and best possible adoption of latest technology trends (e.g. software defined networks)
- *This position will sit onsite in Newtown Square, PA.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar field.
- Expert knowledge in monitoring suites/products; preferably CA-Broadcom NetOps suite: (Spectrum, Performance Management, NetFlow Analysis, Virtual Network Assurance) and Microfocus Network Automation
- Good script programming skills as typically needed in the Monitoring context (e.g. Python, Perl, Unix Shell)
- Good knowledge in Linux OS distributions (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, …)
- Ability to work independently, but also as a project lead or member within a team of experts; ability to prioritize own tasks, multi-task and work towards aggressive deadlines
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Strong English language skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of ITIL foundational concepts and terminology, especially in the areas of monitoring & event management, incident management
- Knowledge of monitoring products or services from vendors such as Splunk, Netbrain, ThousandEyes
- Knowledge in monitoring tools as typically provided by DC hardware vendors (Cisco, Arista, F5, HPE, …)
- Knowledge of Ansible, YAML
- Experience working with hyperscaler cloud environments (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure) etc.
- Minimum 3 years as a network engineer in datacenter environments
- 3-5 years hands-onin network monitoring within large scale service provider, Cloud or enterprise environments; exposure to one or more of the leading infrastructure monitoring suites
- 1-2 years contributions to strategy or roadmap development or in a consulting oriented role
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.