Senior Systems Engineer
With IDS International in Raleigh NC USMore jobs from IDS International
Posted on February 12, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, Defence & Security, Simulation Software
Company size: 11–50 people
Company type: Private
vmware, terraform, ansible, scripting-language
Senior Systems Engineer
IDS International is seeking three engineers to staff a new Technical Operations team of the Cyber & Social Media department. This team will be responsible for supporting the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Windows, Linux, VMware, Kubernetes, and layer 2 and 3 networks. This team will also be responsible for the deployment of customized SMEIR environments utilizing Terraform configurations, Ansible playbooks, and other scripts, which will be provided by the development team. Each member of the Technical Operations team may have their own specialty or specialties and members will be expected to cross-train each other as time permits.
The headquarters office is located in Arlington, VA but we are looking to open an office in Raleigh, NC. A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of automation and orchestration, networking fundamentals (e.g.: routing, firewalls, static and dynamic routing), and virtualization (cloud and on-prem). Working knowledge of cloud-native technology and microservices architecture is preferred.
- Plan, setup, maintain, and support SMEIR deployments on IDS-owned and customer-owned hardware.
- Install and maintain departmental IT services, including those used by our Development team.
- Maintaining and administering virtual and physical computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Work with the Development team to create new or maintain existing automation and orchestration capabilities.
- Maintain infrastructure-as-code solutions produced by the Development team.
- Interact with customers during demonstrations, installations, and support processes.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Two or more of the following:
- Minimum of five (5) years of network engineer, systems engineer, or infrastructure operations experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience with VMware ESX, vCenter.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with automation tools, such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with scripting languages, such as shell script, Perl, Python, or PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS).
- Ability to explain system specifications and functionality to customers, and ability to collect and transfer customer requirements to specific technical tasks.
- Prior experience working with a government contractor.
- Prior experience in a cybersecurity or cyber warfare industry.
- Familiarity with Docker or Kubernetes, microservices, and container orchestration.
- Prior experience working as part of an IT service delivery team and familiarity with ITIL concepts.
- Familiarity with DoD RMF.
- Active Secret clearance (or higher).
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a position with IDS International, please email email@example.com.