Senior Cloud Database Systems Developer
With SAP in Waterloo - CAMore jobs from SAP
Posted on February 14, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Customer Experience Management, Enterprise Software
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, sysadmin, database
Requisition ID: 238821
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP is revolutionizing the Database as a Service (DBaaS) industry with our groundbreaking SAP HANA Cloud and SAP HANA Relational Data Lake services. Our customers experience ultimate intelligence with a single gateway to all their trusted data in real-time, no matter where it sits. SAP HANA Cloud and SAP HANA Relational Data Lake bring the power and performance of SAP data management to the cloud. Our customers can manage their data storage, governance, and reporting all within a single cloud solution, and benefit from cloud qualities such as high-availability, elasticity, and low total cost of ownership.
At SAP Waterloo, we are proud of our work environment. We have a strong culture of teamwork and shared responsibility. We excel at coming up with new ideas and bringing them into production. Our pace is challenging and sustainable.
We’re hiring talented Cloud Database Systems Developers to help us to build the data management engines that power SAP HANA Cloud and SAP HANA Relational Data Lake. This position focuses on development of the core software used to load, index, query, and secure the data managed by these cloud services.
As a Senior Cloud Database Systems Developer you will:
- Maintain and enhance complex data structures and algorithms in systems-level software
- Design and implement interfaces between data management services and the full suite of SAP cloud services and applications
- Evaluate and improve performance of data-driven full stack applications
- Ensure the highest degree of security for data managed by our software
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation
The ideal Cloud Database Systems Developer will have:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or an equivalent degree
- At least two of the following:
- 5+ years working with multithreaded software
- 5+ years of experience writing or maintaining mission-critical system software
- 5+ years of experience writing SQL queries or managing relational database systems
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud technologies (Azure/AWS/GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Strong skills in at least one of C++, C#, or Java
- Strong skills in at least one of Python, Go, or Ruby
- Experience working in large codebases
- Thorough understanding of concurrent and distributed programming
- Tremendous attention to detail and the ability to build reliable and scalable software systems
- Willingness to persist at debugging, troubleshooting, and resolving complex technical issues
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now_._
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :