Senior Systems/DevOps Engineer - Email Security Services
With Open Systems AG in Zürich - CHMore jobs from Open Systems AG
Posted on February 14, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
security, sysadmin, linux
Founded in 1990, Open Systems is a leading provider of secure SD-WAN. We combine next-generation technology and the world’s top engineers to deliver an end-to-end, fully integrated SD-WAN for our customers. We provide secure operations and availability of business-critical applications and ICT infrastructures for global companies, institutions and NGOs in more than 180 countries around the clock, 365 days a year.
We are passionate about what we do. We work in an environment in which innovative solutions, rapid development times, creativity and open communication are practiced and continuously fostered. The pursuit of sustainable technical advancement is at the center of our attention. We are growing faster than ever, which creates unique challenges for scalability and thus engineering.
If you are a highly motivated, curious and empathic human being with a strong passion for technology, you might be a good fit for the following open position:
Senior Systems / DevOps Engineer – Email Security Services (80–100%)
As a Senior Systems / DevOps Engineer, you will develop and operate highly scalable and globally deployed email security solutions. You will be part of the core team that develops and shapes email services for our large customer base, constantly having security, quality and monitoring in mind. Specifically, you will work on product integration as well as development of tools and management infrastructure.
This position will give you the responsibility to lead projects, right from the concept phase all the way through to production deployment and operations.
The following skills are required for this position:
- Higher education (ETH, university, FH) with a degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge and experience of email messaging and network security
- Knowledge of network protocols and technologies including TLS, SMTP, DNS, DKIM and DMARC
- Experience with Linux or a UNIX-based operating system
- Experience in software engineering with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python) and programming languages (e.g. C, C++, golang)
- Fluent in English and preferably German
Furthermore, we expect you to bring some of the following skills to the table as well as high motivation to acquire new knowledge provided in coached training programs:
- Understanding of internet protocols in general (TCP/IP, HTTP)
- Knowledge of network security concepts and practices
- Knowledge of container and cloud technologies highly advantageous
- Competence to work in a team, as well as individually
Open Systems will offer you interesting challenges in the dynamic and global environment of IT security. You will be based at our office in Zurich (CH) and will get the opportunity to work out of our office in Redwood City (US) for a few months. As part of the Open Systems Mission Control team, you will be sharing operational duties with your colleagues.
We look forward to receiving your complete online application (letter of motivation, CV, diplomas/reference letters/transcript of records. Please note that you need to compress your application into two attachments). For further questions and inquiries about applications, please feel free to contact Helena Grimm at +41 58 100 10 10.