Software Architects (Multiple Locations)
With Salesforce in Seattle WA USMore jobs from Salesforce
Posted on February 14, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Information Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, c++, ruby, scala, python, sysadmin
In the role of Principal Infrastructure Software Architect, you will lead software development architecture roadmap, be a significant evangelist for the latest, most relevant technologies and software engineering best practices, and mentor leaders of the teams that define and implement software, tools, and processes to run our distributed services.
The team will draw on your past experience leading software engineering efforts, providing architectural direction, overseeing large development projects, product definition through authoring engineering plans, epics and user stories, and overall team health and efficiency. Successful candidates will possess software development and project management delivery experience, having landed large and complex software programs with a proven ability to motivate teams that are innovative, delivery focused, and highly effective.
- Be an expert in Software Engineering and Architecture
- Align Infrastructure strategy and planning with the company's business goals
- Build scalable, reliable, and efficient mechanisms required to meet our rapidly increasing demand for Infrastructure resources
- Provide effective strategy for data collection, establish rational metrics and create a plan to analyze and report on relevant business drivers and KPIs
- Lead project scoping, roadmap, and architecture discussions with business stakeholders and Infrastructure leadership
- Promote a metrics-based software development culture of quality, collaboration, rapid delivery
- Build reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware
- Design, develop, debug, and operate resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple datacenters
- Drive and deliver thin slices of functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops in an agile environment
- Mentoring team members through dotted-line relationships to build core competencies in architecture, standards development, and recommended practices
- Assist in the hiring process when appropriate to strengthen the team or fill gaps in core competencies. Be able to define needed competencies and provide expert interviewing and assessment of potential candidates
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years experience working in Software Architecture for dynamic software development organizations at scale
- Experience in a Linux/UNIX data center environment
- Any of the following languages: Java, C++, C, C#, Ruby, Go, Scala, Python, Bash
- In-depth understanding of OOP, design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and concurrency
- Experience building large scale distributed, fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies and Test-Driven Development
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Loves to explain the technology and has a gift for concisely explaining complex topics
- Lives for the whiteboard, block diagrams, process development, and turning those whiteboard photos into documented development plans and code are a must
- Experience with software-based infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, GCE, CoreOS
- Experience with container orchestration systems Kubernetes, Docker, Helios, Fleet
- Network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, SQL, HTTP
- Experience with open source projects like HBase, Phoenix, Kafka, HDFS, Hadoop, Cassandra, Zookeeper, OpenTSDB, Logstash, ElasticSearch, Splunk, Puppet, Spinnaker
- Experience using SQL and/or NoSQL datastores e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, etc
- CI/CD experience with Jenkins
- Public cloud engineering on GCP, AWS and or Azure platforms ?
Cloud provisioning and infrastructure
Implementation experience of large infrastructure projects
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or
- MS in Computer Science or related field, or
- BS in Computer Science plus relevant job-related experience
Are you an upcoming or recent graduate (within the past 2.5 years)? Please check out our FutureForce program at www.salesforce.com/futureforce. We appreciate your interest but we are seeking industry experienced engineers.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.