With Envision healthcare_ AMSURG Corporate in Nashville TN USMore jobs from Envision healthcare_ AMSURG Corporate
Posted on March 04, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator, System Administrator
sysadmin, database, continuous-integration
This position manages the day to day operations of all AMSURG databases and database platforms for all third party applications as well as supporting the software development efforts of AMSURG's on staff and off shore teams. This position is also responsible for planning database implementations and designing and implementing strategies to deliver database services for performance and availability levels to meet the requirements of the business.
ESSENTIAL DBA RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure appropriate levels of availability of database platforms for all AMSURG applications
- Tune and configure database servers and databases to ensure appropriate levels of performance for all AMSURG database services
- Perform regular maintenance of all database platforms including maintaining service packs and patches, ensuring low levels of index fragmentation, ensuring proper hardware configuration and management and ensuring appropriate consolidation for efficient use of hardware and software resources
- Maintain vendor relationships, licensing and support contracts for AMSURG database servers and databases
- Assist application developers with proper database usage including data architecture, index design and efficient query development
- Develop the AMSURG database strategy and roadmap to include performance management, availability management, backup and recovery management and disaster recovery planning around all AMSURG database platforms and databases
- Develop monitoring strategies and tools to ensure effective measurement and reporting of database outages and performance incidents
- Develop the AMSURG database release strategy driving towards small & frequent releases and enabling continuous delivery of value for AMSURG initiatives
- Serve as the subject matter expert regarding CI/CD and DevOps initiatives at AMSURG
- Implement and maintain automated deployment patterns using a combination of industry standard tools and custom development
- Develop the AMSURG version control methodology using source control tools / branching / merging / pull requests / etc. and serve as the subject matter expert for the AMSURG development team
- Perform database change review meetings and manage release review meetings
- Serve as an advisor to the AMSURG Database Development Team recommending successful strategies based on real world experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of five (5) years' experience in IT with increasing levels of responsibility in the area of database administration is required. Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server is required. Experience with the Healthcare EMR databases such as NextGen, Vision, AdvantX is desirable. Experience with CI/CD Toolsets such as RedGate Tools, Azure DevOps, and GIT is desirable. Experience with the DBA toolsets SolarWinds and/or Idera Compliance Manager is desirable.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages. Ability to perform binary calculations and perform conversions of high precision time measurement (milliseconds and nanoseconds). Basic conceptual understanding of regression analysis and descriptive statistics.
Ability to understand, read, write and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors. Ability to understand and interpret basic financial data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as needed.
CORPORATE CORE VALUES
P uzzle Solving-Turning challenges into opportunities in a collaborative, agile and creative way
E xcellence-On a never-ending quest to improve and exceed expectations
O wnership-Taking responsibility for our actions, relationships and partners' success
P ositive Environment-Respectful, caring, trusting and supportive of the team
L eadership-Leading by example, staying true to our values and dreams
E thics-Committing to always doing the right thing guided by integrity and transparency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Qualifications Skills Behaviors : Motivations : Education
Bachelors or better. Experience
5 years: IT experience with increasing levels of responsibility in the area of database administration Licenses & CertificationsPandoLogic.Category: Technology, Keywords: Database Administrator (DBA)