Manager of Cloud Architecture
With Ultimate Software in Fort Lauderdale FL USMore jobs from Ultimate Software
Posted on March 04, 2020
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Manager
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Computer Software, Human Resources, Software Development
Company size: 5k–10k people
Company type: Private
cloud, azure, infrastructure, vmware, google-cloud-platform
As the Sr. Manager of Cloud Architecture, you will utilize your strategic, technical and operational experience to drive innovation to our internal customers on the following areas: IT Infrastructure and Cloud computing (GCP and Azure), Datacenter and branch networking, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and disaster recovery.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage a staff of Sr. engineers responsible hardware and software planning and design for both traditional data centers and public clouds.
- Responsible for managing the implementation of Desktop virtualization technologies to enable business value and expand adoption in new use cases.
- Provide leadership and direction for the overall management of multiple infrastructure technology domains and project initiatives. Technology domains may include platforms & OS (Linux / Windows), GCP/Azure Cloud Computing services, virtualization technologies (VMWare), network, storage technologies, and backups
- Design and implementation of agile innovative infrastructure solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization and commoditization
- Responsible for defining, prioritizing, and supporting key initiatives
- Provide highly reliable infrastructure solutions that are extremely secure enabling Operations to manage environments simply and effectively
- Develop and execute on long range technology strategy roadmaps
- Continuously assess current technology footprint and market offerings, drive technology decisions, lead POCs of new solutions/capabilities
- Drive and encourage high levels of automation throughout the organization.
- Work closely with Global Security to ensure the solutions we're designing and delivering meet data security and compliance requirements.
- 10+ years' experience in infrastructure and Cloud architecture.
- 5+ years of GCP/Azure experience designing enterprise solutions in IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- 8+ years' experience in VDI Engineering. Citrix XenDesktop VDI/App Delivery experience preferred, but other VDI technology (i.e., VMWare) experience also acceptable. Cloud VDI experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud and on prem storage, including Solid state and ISCSI SANs
- 10+ years of experience with Active Directory in a multi domain architecture
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, other advanced science or engineering field.
- Cloud Architecture certification preferred
- Experience with scripting, Powershell, Python, Java (4 to 5 years minimum)
- 10% Travel
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Manager will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them
- If selected to move forward, you will move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening
- Onsite interview
- Offer stage