Site Reliability Engineer
With Ultimate Software in Fort Lauderdale FL USMore jobs from Ultimate Software
Posted on March 04, 2020
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Computer Software, Human Resources, Software Development
Company size: 5k–10k people
Company type: Private
Site Reliability Engineers at Ultimate Software are hybrid software/system engineers that have a breadth of knowledge encompassing all aspects of service delivery. They develop software solutions to enhance, harden and support our service delivery processes. This can include building and managing CI/CD deployment pipelines, automated testing, capacity planning, performance analysis, monitoring, alerting, chaos engineering and auto remediation.
Site Reliability Engineers at Ultimate Software must have a passion for learning and evolving with current technology trends. They strive to innovate and are relentless in their pursuit of a flawless customer experience. They have an “automate everything” mindset, helping our company deploy services with incredible speed, consistency and availability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities** : **(other duties may be assigned)
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from conception, to inception, including: system design consulting, and capacity planning
- Define and implement standards and best practices related to: System Architecture, Deployment, metrics, operational tasks
- Support services through activities such as monitoring availability, system health, and incident response
- Improve system performance, application delivery and efficiency through, automation, process refinement, post mortem reviews, and in-depth configuration analysis
- Engage in Communications across all areas of the organization
Required Qualifications/Skills** :**
- Engineering degree, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Cloud based applications
- Experience with Containerization Technologies
- Experience with Microsoft and Linux Technologies
- Experience with VMWare or other Virtual Server Software
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems and messaging systems
- Experience with MongoDB, MySQL, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, and others
- Experience with operating systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Experience learning software, frameworks and APIs
- Ability and willingness to work evenings / nights on occasion.
- Ability to lead and work in projects
Preferred Qualifications/Skills** :**
- Experience as a Site Reliability Engineer, Production Engineer, or equivalent
- Experience with distributed system design and architecture
- Experience building and managing CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with public or private cloud platforms (e.g. GCP, Kubernetes, or Openstack)
- Experience with Production level monitoring and alerting with tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, etc.
Interpersonal Skills** :**
- Strong organizational, written and communication skills
- Positive team participation skills
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively (listening, presenting and questioning)
- Strong Decision-making skills
- A BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field of study is preferred
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Team Member will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.