(Senior) Developer, Detection and Response Backends
With F-Secure in Helsingfors - FIMore jobs from F-Secure
Posted on March 09, 2020
About this job
Compensation: €45k - 65k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, IT Security, Security Software
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
amazon-web-services, cloud, python, node.js, java, sysadmin
F-Secure delivers research-led cyber security to defend organizations, society and people from real-world attacks and build resilience into their approach. Our people are a mix of technical and creative experts – diverse, talented, and passionate people – working tirelessly to help us advance the industry with new ways of thinking. They lead their own development, in and out of the office. They call the shots when it comes to building a place to call home in our organization.
Detection and Response Backends team is a high performing team working on world class systems. We have people from multiple cultures and backgrounds, spread across multiple sites and use remote-first approach when collaborating within the team. We work also in close co-operation with other teams at F-Secure who are either the users of our services, provide the Managed Detection and Response service to our clients or provide Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
As a (Senior) Developer you would be working on systems that provide the cornerstone for F-Secure Detection and Response services. These systems are highly scalable and process billions of events per day. All the components are built for the cloud and deployments are fully automated. The seniority of the role will be ultimately tailored based on your skills and experience.
- Designing, developing, maintaining and operating backend systems together with a team of highly skilled developers and cloud engineers
- Working on the business logic as well as making the systems easy to operate
- Deploying your code to production and enjoying the ride while doing it
What are we looking for?
- Security mindset
- Solid software engineering practices including automated testing
- Prior development experience with Python, Node.js or Java and interest to learn more languages
- Experience and knowledge of some of the following: AWS Lambda, AWS ECS, AWS Kinesis or any AWS services in general, Docker, NoSQL or SQL databases, distributed and event driven systems
- Experience in maintaining and operating production systems is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English is a must
What will you get from us
We offer competitive perks and benefits including
- extensive health care
- remote working
- company supported sport activities
- and many more things to keep our best asset – people – happy
You can’t design culture!
The F-Secure team is diverse, fluid, fun-loving, and full of energy. It’s our job to preserve that, so we’ve made it our business to help individuals traverse from passion to passion, from specialism to specialism, from the flavor of today to tomorrow’s. We move with their needs, and help them build Pathways, always focusing on the things that make them happy in and beyond of the office.
See yourself here? Bring your best self and apply now.