(Senior) Linux Integration Engineer - IoT / Network
With F-Secure in Helsingfors - FIMore jobs from F-Secure
Posted on March 09, 2020
About this job
Compensation: €45k - 65k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, IT Security, Security Software
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
linux, c++, c, python, tcp, sysadmin
F-Secure delivers research-led cyber security to defend organizations, society and people from real-world attacks and build resilience into their approach. Our people are a mix of technical and creative experts – diverse, talented, and passionate people – working tirelessly to help us advance the industry with new ways of thinking. They lead their own development, in and out of the office. They call the shots when it comes to building a place to call home in our organization.
Imagine your ideas becoming solutions that impact the lives of people and businesses. We want you to join our SENSE R&D team as Linux Integration Engineer.
We are a small team of developers and the daily work focuses on network router security software development and integrating it into CPEs (Customer Premises Equipment) to produce an integrated firmware that will be deployed to ISP's (Internet Service Provider) customers.
You will drive the integration of our network router security software to new router models.
- Research router platforms
- Configure Linux kernel and environment in the router to meet the requirements
- Troubleshoot and test solutions for integration issues
- Do occasional integration related programming tasks (C/C++, or shell script)
- Work in close co-operation with the feature development and QA team
What are we looking for:
- Fluent spoken and written English (Finnish not required)
- In-depth understanding and experience in Linux (Debian/Embedded)
- TCP/IP protocol suite (IPv4, IPv6, HTTP(S), TLS, DNS, routing, firewalls) knowledge
- Networking configuration experience on Linux (Netfilter)
- Network programming knowledge in general
- Some programming experience on Linux (e.g. C/C++, shell scripting, Python)
What is considered as a plus:
- Knowledge of container technologies (Docker)
- Consumer-grade internet access technologies (DOCSIS, xDSL, GPON, PPPoE) knowledge
- OpenWRT / DD-WRT knowledge
What will you get from us:
We care about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support your health, work/life balance, and your future.
- Working with the smartest security professionals you can find – constantly learning, developing yourself and challenging status quo
- Readily available support from colleagues in technical problems
- Flexibility in terms of working schedule
- To be part of our Fellowship: relentlessly work together with like-minded, curious professionals who care about each other and act like a friend would.
You can’t design culture!
The F-Secure team is diverse, fluid, fun-loving, and full of energy. It’s our job to preserve that, so we’ve made it our business to help individuals traverse from passion to passion, from specialism to specialism, from the flavor of today to tomorrow’s. We move with their needs, and help them build Pathways, always focusing on the things that make them happy in and beyond of the office.
See yourself here? Bring your best self and apply now.