UNIX Site Reliability Engineer
With JP Morgan Chase in Columbus OH USMore jobs from JP Morgan Chase
Posted on March 17, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
java, python, sql
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You’ll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you’ll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you’ll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
- Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work.
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents.
- Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes.
- Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives.
- Design self-healing and resiliency patterns.
- Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions.
- Coach or manage teams as applicable.
- Participate in the 24x7 support coverage, as needed.
In this role as an UNIX Site Reliability Engineer you will be required to contribute to develop code to manage infrastructure (Infrastructure as code – IAC). You will also be required to operate and manage highly critical Server infrastructure using in house developed automated tools and industry tools such as Ansible and puppet. You will have to operate in an environment that uses full developer lifecycle tool kit to develop and deploy code.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline.
- Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software.
- Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components. (E.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products , container systems , compute, storage and networks).
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills.
- Experience in configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet and CHEFF.
- Experience in developing manifests and python programs to build and manage infrastructure.
- 10+ years of experience in Linux and/or AIX operating systems(OS) on physical and virtual operating environments.
- Expertise in any of the following technologies will be an added advantage, Cloud, Docker, AWS, Machine Learning.
- Experience in DevOps technologies, automated builds, Agile methodologies will be preferable.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity.We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation.If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.