Application Support / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - Finance & Admin Systems (TV+, Apple Music, Beats1)
With Apple in Cupertino CA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on March 18, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple's Corporate Systems Engineering group as an Application Support Engineer to support and manage custom solutions that create new value chain for Apple’s business. As member of the application support team, you will play a critical role in supporting mission critical systems for the Corporate Systems organization.
The Corporate Systems group at Apple primarily focuses on creative ways to engineer business solutions to meet growing needs of Apple's Finance, iTunes, Publishing, Sales, Retail, and IT Service organizations. At core, our portfolio comprises of engineered custom solutions to process very high-volume micro-transactions from iTunes Downloads, iPhone Activations, Sales from Retail, Online, and Resellers. These solutions are based on cutting edge enterprise technologies ranging from Server Side Java, Web Technologies, Cocoa, iOS, Oracle, and Non-SQL Databases. Accurately processing such high volume transactions is our core strength. As an Application Support Engineer you will - Help maintain and support innovative software applications, monitor infrastructure and application services and drive incident management. - Work closely with the development engineers, project managers, database administrators and QA Teams to effectively ensure availability, scalability and monitoring of mission critical systems. - You will also perform root cause analysis for the problems and identify fix for assigned problem tickets. - Coordinate with offshore team and cross functional teams and work well in a fast paced environment.
Skills & requirements
- Software development experience building highly scalable RESTful web services
- Deep understanding of Core Java, Spring, Object Oriented and SOA design concepts;
- Experience with database technologies preferably Oracle and Cassandra
- Strong problem solving skills. Passionate and inquisitive to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Strong knowledge of concurrency, scalability and fault tolerant designs
- Familiarity with logging systems like Splunk.
- Strong experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, AppDynamics or equivalent.
- Track record in troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve large scale production issues.
- Working knowledge of source control software (SVN or Git)
- Basic understanding of DevOps processes and Experience with build and deployment tools, e.g., Maven, Gradle
- Good Oral and written communication skills
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 4+ years experience or MS/PhD degree plus 2+ years experience, or equivalent.