Head of Infrastructure(Cloud)
With IPRICE GROUP SDN BHD in Kuala Lumpur - MYMore jobs from IPRICE GROUP SDN BHD
Posted on March 19, 2020
About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Manager
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
cloud, amazon-web-services, devops, ansible, elasticsearch
Our vision is to become the Skyscanner for online shopping, the place for South East Asia’s 600M people start their e-commerce journey. The place where consumers discover the latest trends, compare prices and get the best deal. With more than 500 million offers on our platform; 15 million monthly shoppers; and, a reputation as an independent authority when it comes to insights about the regional e-commerce sector, iPrice is at the centre of South East Asia’s e-commerce revolution.
Why join us?
Surround yourself with people who are ambitious, passionate, dynamic and constantly looking for ways to improve themselves. Join us and help us drive iPrice’s continued success, our monthly double-digit growth, and be a part of a diverse environment which combines the talent and insights of the 7 countries we that are operating in!
- Organization backed by world class investors like Line, Ventura and 500 Start-ups
- Management team comprised of international managers with experience from world-class organizations
- Performance focused culture championing ownership, transparency and open communication
- Diverse colleagues (25 nationalities and counting)
- Coaching and world-class trainings with access to key experts in your field
We are looking for Head of Infrastructure to manage our Infrastructure Team. You see your team as your product. You are capable of managing multiple teams when there is a business need. You will responsible to recruit DBREs, SREs and Software Engineer (Engineering Productivity). You need to be familiar with our and modern (and proven) technologies and processes to be able to support the team grow, as well as be the final decisive vote in cases where team is blocked on a decision.
This role is a senior leader that models the values and behaviours we want to see in our teams. You create the collaborative and productive environment in which your team members do their work and succeed.
- Ensure all services are at a high quality of health, reliability, availability and security, within our Service Level Objectives.
- Define the blueprint for our architecture that easily allows daily deployments of any workload, consistently from development all the way to production.
- Provide architectural input for system design to improve scalability, reliability and availability.
- Set the budgets, plan ahead of required system capacity and drive infrastructure cost efficiency.
- Own the relationships across all our cloud infrastructure providers and ensure the teams are working within the given constraints.
- Set and drive the strategic direction and OKRs of our infrastructure partners and technologies.
- Collaborate with engineering teams on their infrastructure needs, and advise them throughout the development lifecycle.
- Drive process for incident management.
- Create easy-to-understand Service Level Objectives.
- Lead the team to design, develop and manage monitoring tools to provide performance dashboards, alerts, and collect data required to proactively identify issues and/or recommend improvements.
- Advocate and promote knowledge sharing and the “DevOps culture” across the engineering functions.
- Coach, lead, develop your people to create a passionate can-do culture.
- A Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related subject.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in managing infrastructure teams, preferably in start-ups.
- Strong familiarity with deployment automation/configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet, or Terraform.
- Possess solid experience with AWS cloud services. Experience in GCP or Azure is a plus.
- Have extensive experience building scalable platforms leveraging containers in a production environment.
- Operated distributed data storage systems at scale, especially Elasticsearch and SQL Azure.
- Operated big data processing and workflow tools such as Spark, Airflow.
- Have experience with logging and telemetry services.
- Solid knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery, automated testing and all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience of working in an agile and multi-cultural environment across many SCRUM teams at the same time.
- A Kaizen mindset and spirit of continuous improvement on a personal level and always up to date with the latest technology trends professionally.
- Expertise in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Highly organized and capable of providing appropriate technical leadership while requiring minimal day-to-day guidance.