Principal Cloud Network Engineer
With Citizens Bank in Providence RI USMore jobs from Citizens Bank
Posted on March 19, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Banking, Financial Services, Financial Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
nosql, python, ansible, lambda
As Principal Network Engineer, you will help lead a team of highly-motivated engineers tasked with the planning, implementation and support of the computer networks that enable the organization.
In this position, you will leverage your experience and technical expertise to ensure the stability of Citizens business operations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Offering thought leadership to a team of network engineers; ensuring that engineering best-practice is applied; ensuring the quality of work.
- Crafting and managing highly complex secure connectivity solutions to ensure the integrity of Citizens sensitive financial data and mission-critical resources.
- Providing defense-in-depth protection from cyber security threats through the use of firewalls, IDS/IPS, various proxy gateway and other network security devices.
- Collaborating with other engineering and IT teams to plan, develop, execute and support infrastructure and network-related projects; offer thought leadership in regards to network security and management.
- Assisting resolve escalating network-related issues; participate on cross-departmental crisis resolution teams as required.
- 7+ years of working experience in network engineering, systems administration or related field; experience managing engineering and technical employees
- Experience managing engineers or other technical personnel; experience managing infrastructure projects; cross-functional collaboration
- Experience with engineering, planning and developing network solutions
- Hands-on experience with end-to-end software development of complex multi-tiered systems
- Experience with multiple IT disciplines with a confirmed understanding of relevant architectural concepts
- Experience using system and process analysis
- Strong communication skills; ability to facilitate technical conversations with non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working with data and DBMS, including legacy and emerging database technologies
- Experience with RDBMS, NoSQL.
- Experience building highly available customer-facing applications, in a GDHA setting
- Experience building cloud-native applications
- Experience with API’s
- Experience in 1 or more of the following technology areas. Infrastructure, Security, DevOps, Application Development, Database technologies, Cloud computing (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with scripting technologies: python, bash
- Experience with automation technologies: Ansible, Ansible Tower, Terraform
- Experience with Virtual computing/Cloud/AWS: EC2, VPC, S3, SNS, SQS, Lambda, cloudformation, load balancers, IAM, VPC peering, transit gateway, DirectConnect
- Networking experience, firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco, Arista, Cummulus etc.), routers, HA/failover, DNS/DHCP, all layers of OSI model, load balancers, BGP, MPLS, VPN, DLP, proxy servers, SNMP, SSL/TLS/PKI, SDWAN, Software Defined Data Center
- Experience with Linux: RHEL, yum, dpkg, iptables, tcpdump, troubleshooting, docker, kubernetes, SSH
- Experience with Windows: Windows server 2008+, Microsoft AD, Microsoft DNS, RDP
- Experience with Data Formats: yaml, json
- Experience with Version Control: git, bitbucket
- Experience with 3rd Party Tools: Confluence, Jira, slack, wireshark
- 5+ years’ experience in the financial services industry
- UI/UX experience, including relevant web/application branding techniques
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Preferred: Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Cloud Certifications Required
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M - F
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.