Python Developer (Platform team)
With Preply in Kyiv - UAMore jobs from Preply
Posted on March 20, 2020
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Education Technology, Marketplace, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: VC Funded
python-3.x, django, flask, apache-kafka, graphql
Preply is a fast-growing product company, backed by Europe’s most prominent investors. 100 people are currently working on building a global human-to-human online tutoring marketplace with locations in Kyiv and Barcelona.
We have more than 15 nationalities on board, that work in small cross-functional teams to continuously improve and scale user experience. We offer remote working days and the possibility to use our platform for self-development. We challenge each other to learn more and faster, while promoting creative power and free will. Personal growth, a friendly and hierarchy-free atmosphere are guaranteed!
We are currently looking for a Python Developer to join our Platform team. This person is expected to work on core parts of our platform and help us to meet the challenges of growing the organization in terms of both traffic and number of developers. While we have DevOps team which is responsible for infrastructure in general, The Platform team is responsible for: site reliability, monitoring / adjusting databases, data warehousing, speeding up CI/CD flow, improving on-boarding process, implementing microservice architecture patterns, decreasing response time of services.
We work in small teams, thus you will be able to influence system design and contribute a lot in the company's growth.
We believe that any architecture decision should be dictated by business needs, thus the goal of Platform team is to increase velocity of product teams and ensure platform stability. We release our product 40-50 times per day by leveraging modern technologies like Kubernetes (Skaffold+Helm), Docker and top-notch CI/CD process. We have diverse technical challenges (sometimes we write about them on our Engineering Blog) that will allow you to develop your skills across the stack.
Your Expected Outcomes
- Scale infrastructure and databases to align them with increasing traffic.
- Monitor and improve site reliability.
- Collaborate with product teams to help them tackle technical issues and increase their velocity.
- Improve our on-boarding process for new developers. Ensure they can catch up even faster than now.
- Standardize microservice approach by creating templates and sharing best practices.
Your Competency Profile
- Strong knowledge of Python, at least 2+ years experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Business-oriented & data-driven person.
What do we offer:
- Work in the same office with easy-going and open-minded people from all over the world.
- Easy-to-reach location in the city center.
- Health insurance.
- Monthly bonus deposit for self-development on Preply.com
- Strong financial package, paid vacation and sick leave.
- Ability to work remotely 4 days per month.
- Possibility to become a part of a truly big story at the start of its development.
- Active office life with biweekly gatherings.
Are you looking for a company where you can be part of the team that is shaping the future of effective learning? Want to change the way how millions of people learn and share knowledge worldwide? Join Preply!