Big Data Site Reliability Engineer
With JP Morgan Chase in Houston TX USMore jobs from JP Morgan Chase
Posted on March 23, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
java, python, sql
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You’ll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you’ll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you’ll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
- Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
- Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
- Coach or manage teams as applicable
- Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business
- Strong knowledge and experience in DevOps and Agile teams
- Strong knowledge and experience across multiple platforms, including Cloud architecture
- Knowledge/experience in Hadoop environment administration, release deployments to HBase, supervising Hadoop jobs, performing cluster coordination services will be preferable
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux administration, Unix scripts and platform level orchestration scripting. Should be knowledgeable about automating the build and deployment process.
- Knowledge in Python,
- Knowledge of DB technologies (Oracle, MS SQL DB, Sybase, etc)
- Familiarity with Control M and AutoSys job scheduler
- Knowledge and experience in Web based applications / architecture (Certificates, IIS, Web Services)
- Knowledge of GIT, BitBucket, Jenkins, SONAR, SPLUNK, Maven, AIM and Continuous Delivery tools.
- Knowledge of Load balancing, IP, DNS
- Knowledge of Cloud (private cloud, public cloud etc) working experience of cloud environments like AWS is a plus.
- Ability to work directly with AD, Business and Operators
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral appropriately scaled for technical or business audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player
- Strong analysis, research, investigation and evaluation skills, with a structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment that includes a global focus
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you