Site Reliability Engineer
With JP Morgan Chase in Houston TX USMore jobs from JP Morgan Chase
Posted on March 23, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
java, python, sql
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You’ll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you’ll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you’ll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
- Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
- Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
- Coach or manage teams as applicable
- Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
- Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
- Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components. (E.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products , container systems , compute, storage and networks)
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
- 5 years of industry experience
- Expert in performance monitoring and capacity management of large systems using various tools
- Expert in at least one technology stack: Python with designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
- Expert in at least one of the relational database (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 etc.)
- Working knowledge of Groovy, Batch scripting, PowerShell or Shell Scripting
- Expert practitioner in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components like routers, load balancers and networks
- Experience in performance engineering and monitoring using tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Apica, Jmeter
- Very good understanding and demonstrated use of DevOps tools (Bit bucket, Jenkins, Jules, Automated deployment tools) with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery capabilities
- Solid understanding of object oriented design methodologies
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong prior experience in DevOps and automation to achievement process efficiency.
- Strong/expert level in Python and/or other programming languages.
- Extensive experience in large Linux (i.e. Redhat) based environment and in troubleshooting complex system problems. Familiarity with kernel fine tuning parameters.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you