Site Reliability Engineer: WebOps, NodeJS, Containerisation, Distributed Sys....
With Mimecast in London - GBMore jobs from Mimecast
Posted on March 24, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: Backend Developer, DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
linux, rest, node.js, nginx, docker, sysadmin
Mimecast is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our UI Services team. To be successful in the role you will be passionate about solving complex technical problems, have exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills and a desire to improve systems and processes within engineering. You will tackle a wide range of complex software and system issues, including monitoring distributed systems in multiple geographic locations, responding to and safeguarding the availability, reliability and performance of the Front-End services platform.
The ideal candidate will strive for continual improvement by contributing and assessing new ideas and innovations to meet short term and longer-term goals whilst at the same time accepting responsibility for day-to-day health of the services supporting our Front-End Web Applications.
You will work embedded in our UI services Engineering teams, to deliver our SRE mission:
- Change management and delivery pipeline into production
- Ensure safety, predictability, repeatability and auditability of all build and deploy processes
- Monitoring, alerting, SLO tracking
- Detection / early warning / self-heal
- Facilitate emergency / incident response
- Create, maintain and test for resilience & recovery
- Provisioning / automating deployment infrastructure
- Demand forecasting and capacity management
- Efficiency and cost management
- Performance and scalability of the services
- Provide level of audit and control to security personnel
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following:
Excellent understanding of:
- Distributed Systems Architecture
- Restful APIs and API driven System
- Nginx & NodeJS
- Strong background of traditional ops areas of expertise: Linux, Disk I/O, Networking, VPNs
- Continuous delivery - principles and pragmatics of dealing with build pipelines, artefact repositories, zero-downtime deployment and modern software development engineering best practices
- Proving resilience via failure injection (chaos monkey), scalability via load and stress testing
- Familiarity with docker and container ecosystem
- Sensitivity to (but also boldness to influence) culture and behaviour across an organisation
- Work at our fantastic new headquarters building.
- Working from home on Wednesdays
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside.
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources.
- Company-wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including Employee Shares Purchase Plan (ESPP), season ticket travel loan, pension, private medical insurance for you & family including eye care, employee assistance program, life cover and a gym subsidization. 25 days annual leave + family leave and long service sabbaticals.
Office features: in our hyper modern and vibrant office space we provide breakfast, snacks, fresh fruit, soft drinks, good coffee & good tea all day long. Dress code is whatever you're comfortable in. MacBooks (specific to dept) or ThinkPads, iPhones, multi-screen setups and any other tech you need. Pet Projects innovation competition, Patent support & expertise, study assistance, social & charity events, volunteering time off and an in-house Uni.