Apple Cloud Infrastructure - Site Reliability Engineer (Kubernetes)
With Apple in London - GBMore jobs from Apple
Posted on April 01, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple’s Cloud Service Infrastructure team as a site reliability engineer to help support and scale cloud services for thousands of development and operations engineers. This is a hands-on role to establish SRE practices for a private cloud service to accelerate our ability to reliably and consistently deliver thousands of applications.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for providing the platform for mission critical cloud systems to maintain constant uptime, scale seamlessly, and allow for new applications and services to flourish. The successful candidate will be highly ambitious with a passion for excellence, quality and detail. The SRE will not only support operations, but also work closely with the developers and architects within the team to aid in the design and assist with the implementation to improve stability, security and scalability.
Skills & requirements
- Must be an expert in container technology with in-depth professional experience working with Kubernetes.
- Experience with Prometheus, Alert Manager, Grafana.
- Expert knowledge of the Linux operation system and its variations.
- Proficient in golang.
- Able to solve issues across the entire software stack.
- Recent experience with numerous production clusters.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills.
• Technical (Engineering or Computer Science) BS/MS degree or equivalent work experience.