WiFi Software Engineer
With Apple in Cupertino CA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on April 04, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Embedded Developer, System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
embedded, networking, c
Join our Sensing and Connectivity team and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. As part of the WiFi software development team, we make decisions that influence the connectivity experience on products people use every single day, across the world. Are you a software development enthusiast? Are you passionate about internet-enabled devices and networking protocols? Do you want to learn more about WiFi and other wireless technologies? If your answer is yes, we may have the job for you.
You will join a dynamic team responsible for developing cutting-edge WiFi features while collaborating with various multi-functional teams. You will enjoy the rare opportunity to contribute to technical advances in Apple as well as to develop your management skill.
Skills & requirements
- Knowledge of data structures and their applications
- Experience developing software using C/C+, Objective-C, or Java
- Strong competence and experience in Layer 2, Layer 3 networking, QoS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while driving multiple projects across teams
- Passionately hardworking and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters Degree preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of different LAN and WAN technologies
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.11/WiFi Protocols.
- Experience developing software using embedded SDKs, frameworks and/or BSPs.
- Linux / Unix kernel networking stack knowledge and understanding of operating system fundamentals.
- Solid understanding of OO design principles and design patterns.
- Experience with hands-on development and solving problems on embedded targets. e.g., GDB, shell scripting, packet tracing (tcpdump, Wireshark)